EY UK is looking for a senior manager to join our Sustainable Finance team within the Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) practice, to help the banking and capital markets industry respond to the fast-developing and growing climate risk and sustainable finance agenda - including managing the risks and opportunities from an accelerating transition, responding to new regulation, adapting products and services, and improving transparency and disclosures. This is a great time to join a high-profile team where you will be surrounded by some of the most interesting and knowledgeable colleagues around. The Opportunity
EY is at the forefront of current trends in Sustainable Finance and we engage with clients at all levels to provide insights and support with these developments. Our FSRM team brings together a broad range of skillsets including risk practitioners, regulatory specialists and modellers, and works closely with other EY teams such as our Climate Change and Sustainability Services teams that supports non-financial services sectors, as well as our FS Assurance, Strategy and our Technology consulting teams, to deliver innovative, end-to-end solutions.
We deliver sustainable benefits to our clients through tailored services across financial and non-financial risks, helping address market wide challenges such as embedding climate change and ESG in firms' planning and stress testing and broader risk management framework, help business leads develop new products, clear strategies, targets and supporting disclosures and controls.
We welcome applicants with a variety of backgrounds and experience in the fields of risk management, climate change and sustainable finance, and are particularly interested in candidates who can demonstrate knowledge of climate risk, climate risk management, climate risk modelling, ESG regulation as it impacts financial services or particular industry sectors, industry challenges, existing resources and initiatives.
If you are interested in being part of a growing team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, we want to hear from you: Your key responsibilities
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to work with many of the world's leading banks, and to leverage the deep knowledge and wide-ranging skills and experience of your EY colleagues.
The successful Sustainable Finance senior manager will lead risk engagements, build strong relationships with external clients and internal stakeholders based on doing the right thing, and drive the team's growth, solution and thought leadership development. In line with our commitment to quality, you will determine that work is of a high quality. As an influential member of the team, you will also help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel team members and help them to develop.
As a senior manager in the team you can expect to be involved in the following activities:
Skills and attribute for success
- Lead engagements, provide subject matter expertise and ensure quality of the work delivered to clients
- Manage financial aspects of client engagements, adhere to EY's risk management policies and procedures, and communicate progress and escalate any significant issues to partners and clients
- Assist partners and directors with generating new business opportunities and industry networks and relationships
- Understand the range of EY service offerings and actively see opportunities to develop new solutions and better serve clients
- Build strong internal relationships within EY
- Contribute to EYs reputation as a market leader
- Play an active part in people's development through recruiting, supervising, coaching, mentoring, and training FS Risk professionals
- Support performance reviews and feedback
Requirements of the role
- Proven ability to effectively manage and motivate large multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to focus on the right issues and work in a fast-paced environment
- Confident and credible communicator who displays both technical knowledge and commercial understanding
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with managing expectation of both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability and appetite to drive business development and contribute to the growth of EY's solutions
A balance of skills and experience from across risk management and/or modelling, and climate change.
What we look for
- Substantial experience in leading the development and implementation of well-thought out climate risk and/or risk management solutions, ideally gained within banking institutions, in an advisory role, or in the regulation of such institutions
- Prior experience within a consultancy role would be highly advantageous, or leading large change programmes or teams within an institution
- Strong knowledge of regulatory reforms impacting climate change and ESG and/or financial institutions
- Strong non-financial industry knowledge of climate risk regulation is an advantage
- Knowledge of financial and/or non-financial risk management and modelling is an advantage
- Experience in risk management processes and frameworks, disclosures, and supporting data and infrastructure
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong academic background
- A quantitative background is an advantage
- Ability to communicate with senior management on a range of climate change, ESG and /or risk management topics, with a focus on credit risk
- Experience in working with other financial services risk disciplines with clear insights in the mechanisms of a holistic enterprise risk framework
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job! That's naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You'll need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication skills. If you've got big ideas on how we can do better, as well as the confidence to voice them, this role is for you.Qualifications: Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.