Contracts Manager - Permanent (Remote)
Our clients are a highly successful IT service partner, providing a range of services from Cyber Security, Contract Management, Software Delivery, Cloud Services, Asset Management and Procurement Management among others.
The Contracts Manager is a new role in response to expanding demand for legal support from the business. The Contracts Manager's responsibility overall, will be to support the Head of Commercial Contracts and the wider business team by providing practical advice and support to sales and management teams on commercial and legal matters to ensure the interests of the business are protected and supported. This role is remote but as lockdown eases the individual will be expected to attend legal team meetings in London from time to time.
Working in a small team within a growing business, the candidate must be confident to work on their own and have the judgement to call upon guidance from colleagues and management as an when required. The candidate must be able to get up to speed quickly and be prepared to be flexible and adaptable in responding to the changing needs of the business.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
- Provide practical advice, guidance and support on contract terms and legal issues including legal obligations and risks.
- Review and draft terms in a variety of agreements including supplier, agency and customer contracts and service provision agreements.
- Negotiate contract terms with customers and suppliers in line with business requirements and company policies to ensure agreements are commercially reasonable and in the business's interests.
- Manage and maintain company's contracts register, including all customer and supplier agreements to ensure all key terms are readily accessible and all agreements captured centrally.
- Work closely with the procurement department to on-board new suppliers for our tactical sourcing sector of the business;
- Pro-actively handle incoming queries from the business on contract issues, contract performance and compliance;
- Researching legal and regulatory issues which arise from time to time to ensure advice remains current.
- Dealing with global supplier base.
- Ensure contractual terms are up to date with any changes in business requirements, identifying terms which are unreasonable, or unenforceable.
- Maintain a repository of all legal documentation for the business
- Takes responsibility for their own continuing professional development
A competitive salary of £50k-£55k is offered to the best individual.This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team at a period of excellent growth and make a difference within an expanding market leading organisation.
- Legal training (for-example, law degree, LPC, GDL) to enable good understanding and application of legal principles,
- In house experience across commercial agreements, preferably in the IT industry;
- Good knowledge of contract law;
- Good business judgement, understands commercial pressures and implications
- Strong organisation and time management skills; able to juggle multiple demands and priorities successfully;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to communicate appropriately with key stakeholders without using jargon or overly legalistic language to facilitate good understanding by all parties;
- Able to write clear, concise and understandable communications include legal agreements and associated correspondence;
- Computer literate with advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email skills;
- Good negotiation skills, able to use appropriate skills and knowledge to facilitate positive business outcomes and maintain positive relations with customers and suppliers;
- Adaptable and able to work flexibly in the context of a medium sized growing business;
- Enthusiastic and approachable team-player who enjoys working with others to share knowledge and workload.
TD Group Limited acts as an employment business for interim positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. TD Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.