A global Management Consultancy delivering expertise across a broad spectrum of Public/Gov and Private business sector policy, technology, research, and wider services seek a Legal Contracts Manager
with specific expertise in data privacy
to lead all related matters across EMEA
Salary - c.£60000-£70000
(neg. DOE)+ benefits
Location - UK remote WFH
with occasional London
The Legal Contracts Manager will be assigned the role title of Data Privacy & Commercial Manager and will take up post within the in-house Contracts & Risk function of a truly global $bn+ advisory and management consulting business.
Working alongside UK and international team counterparts this role will lead EMEA & APAC region 3rd party (client and supply side) data privacy issue investigation, contract drafting, negotiation and solution provision for commercial transactions and contractual agreements, from an in-house perspective.
As a newly created role to compliment both the existing Contracts & Risk and DPO functions, the Data Privacy and Commercial Manager will be the DP contracts SME and will have the opportunity to engage expertise across hugely diversified and complex international (gov/public and private sector) business deals with high levels of autonomy and scope for career path growth.
The business seek a commercial success/enablement-minded professional with dual expertise in cross-border Data Protection/Privacy (GDPR) matters and B2B legal contract negotiation/drafting, able to manage and mitigate DP risk while maximising commercial 'deal' opportunity.
The Data Privacy & Commercial Manager (Legal Contracts Manager)
- Take the lead on assessing data protection risk levels within EMEA & APAC client + supplier transaction contracts, proposing the correct level of mitigation through use of Data Protection Addendums and DP provisions, alongside SCC or similar as may be required.
- Lead negotiation, drafting, and execution of contract provisions with 3rd parties.
- Work alongside the DPO/central privacy team in areas of high complexity.
- Take broader commercial ownership of contracts/deals/transactions where DP plays a significant role
- Require subject matter expertise in working with the sales and project teams to understand their data flows and the appropriate steps for DPIA or lesser controls.
- Develop standardised and simplified commercial contracting approach to DP review and risk mitigation.
- Contribute to global commercial DP policy development.
Experience & expertise required for application:Data Privacy/Protection
Commercial & Legal Contracts Management
- Proven expertise across Data Protection/Privacy (GDPR), EU e-privacy, data management and information governance
- Global Privacy/Data Protection regulation, trends and knowledge of UK/EU SCC's
- Leading Data protection/privacy issue 3rd party contracts negotiation and drafting
- Experience of cross-border data transfer transactions (UK/EU to USA highly beneficial)
- Ability to engage and advise internal business stakeholder groups on Data Protection/GDPR commercial deal, legal contracting issues/risks
- High level of demonstrable B2B contract drafting, comprehension & negotiation (DP issues and beyond)
- Proven commercial deal maker and negotiator focus
- Experience of complex international B2B service contracts and transactions (ideally gov/public and private sectors)
- UK and EMEA (and/or wider) client-side contract negotiation
- Leading negotiation and contracts drafting to mutual agreement with international customers and/or suppliers
- Likely Law or business degree+ qualified
- Data Protection / Privacy expertise with wider B2B commercial / Legal Contracts Manager career background
- Agility to adapt between BAU operational DP contracts to more complex and individual DP issues for hugely diverse international service contract forms
- Ability to develop bespoke commercial & contractual solutions to DP working in collaboration with central DPO and legal/contract manager teams
- CIPP/E, CIPP/A, or CIPP/US certifications beneficial but not mandatory
Please click 'APPLY' to register interest and consideration for further details and discussion. All registrations of interest and discussions are held in the strictest confidence.
- The recruitment process will be conducted remotely during the COVID-19 precautions.
- Interviews with be conducted online and via tel/video call technology
- Role onboarding will initially be remote as this business is not planning to fully reopen its London offices until Sep 2020, following this the role can still be conducted remotely with likely 2/3 visits p/m + ad-hoc office base requirementAG-Search
is a recruitment & talent search consultancy
dedicated to providing industry leading knowledge and search delivery for Commercial & Legal Contracts
skill set professionals across all levels ( Commercial Officer / Contracts Officer / Paralegal - Contracts Manager / Commercial Manager - Commercial Director ) into the Engineering, IT & Technology sectors.