By helping organizations of all sizes evaluate and navigate transactions, maximizing opportunities and minimizing risks, you will help our clients manage and execute high-profile transactions. You will bring your analytical skills and real-world experience to diverse situations and unique problems. By appreciating your clients' overall objectives and understanding how transactions can influence an organization's success, you will advise clients in sell-side and occasionally buy-side M&A situations, while more broadly assessing and helping them navigate risks, and balance them against potential rewards.
#LI-P The opportunity
No other sector has formed the 21st century like Technology has. Today, the 5 largest publicly traded companies in the world by market cap are technology companies. The rapid climb of the big four tech companies (Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, Google) has caused reverberations beyond the technology sector and has put technological disruption on the agenda of management teams across industries. This in turn has fuelled valuations as well as transaction activity in the technology sector with both Private Equity and strategic investments at cyclical highs.
The EMEIA Strategy and Transactions Centre (EMTAC) Technology team works to anticipate market trends and articulate points of view on relevant sector issues to drive origination and lead or support the execution of mandates across the entire spectrum of services offered by Strategy and Transactions (SaT). We are seeking to build on our success and grow the execution capacity of the team through the recruitment of a motivated, resourceful and numerate employee. Ideally, this person should have prior experience in various segments of the Technology market, especially in horizontal and vertical enterprise software which is a core focus of the team.Qualifications:Your key responsibilities
In your role you will have responsibility for;
Skills and attributes for success
- Working as part of cross-functional and cross-border teams and with clients across EMEIA to identify and execute transaction opportunities. This will include taking proposals to market, identifying investors, buyers and sellers and presenting transaction opportunities in the most effective way, executing M&A and other SaT services assignments, and negotiating and structuring transactions to a successful completion.
- Reviewing and preparing theme-based origination presentations, reports, memoranda and pitch materials for clients.
- Supervising the modelling of financial implications of transactions.
- Managing other colleagues in the same office and other offices in EMEIA.
- Working collaboratively across different teams and disciplines.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Team Player - Working in collaboration within small client-focused teams of 3 to 4 providing financial and commercial advice, technical input and client support;
- Technical Skills - Experience in various segments of the Technology market, especially in horizontal and vertical enterprise software;
- Commercial acumen - Ability to apply corporate finance, commercial analysis, financial accounting and report writing skills in your work, incorporating technical knowledge and providing commercial insight; Preparing and using complex financial models, including undertaking sensitivity/scenario analysis; developing and analysing financial, technical and related data, including undertaking market research and liaising together with other technical, market and legal advisors where necessary; Build credibility by knowing what's happening in clients' businesses and with their competitors;
- Business Communications - Preparation of presentations and pitch/proposal documents and ability to present these to clients and related parties confidently and articulately; Bring diverse and thought-provoking perspectives and points of view to explore solutions with clients;
- Business Development - Lead the development and maintenance of client relationships, including supporting origination and marketing activities; Build credibility by knowing what's happening in clients' businesses and with their competitors.
knowledge and experience of the following:
Ideally, you'll also have
- Demonstratable experience in the Technology sector, with a professional services firm, investment bank, M&A boutique or industry participant in a Commercial / Business Development / M&A function;
- Prior experience and excellent knowledge of the Technology sector, market trends and major players, with strong knowledge of the EMEIA landscape;
- Strong numerical and financial skills and an understanding of financial statements.
What we look for
- Experience managing transaction processes such as: disposals through optimal positioning of assets or businesses, identifying target bidders, preparing Information Memoranda and negotiating commercial terms; acquisitions by identifying targets and working to structure and negotiate successful transactions; and/or capital raising activities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, and thorough understanding of financial modelling
- Commitment to business development and able to identify opportunities to yield the best value
- Managing other colleagues in the same office and other offices in EMEIA
- Ability to communicate complex messages and implement difficult decisions while building and maintaining strong relationships
- Ability to demonstrate influencing skills that address the varied interests and individual style of others, recognizing people have different sources of motivation and ways to achieve success
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of working with technical and/or legal advisors
- Ownership for driving professional development and leveraging coaching, learning and new experiences
- Prior experience of private equity is an advantage, but not essential
What we offer
- We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, enthusiastic, consultative and collaborative in nature with a passion for Technology and a very strong interest in transactions.
- Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work independently and flexibly as and when required.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. Apply now.
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.