By helping organizations of all sizes evaluate and navigate transactions, maximising opportunities and minimising risks, you will help our clients manage and execute high-profile transactions. You will bring your analytical skills and real-world experience to diverse situations and unique problems. By appreciating your clients' overall objectives and understanding how transactions can influence an organization's success, you will advise clients in sell-side and occasionally buy-side M&A situations, while more broadly assessing and helping them navigate risks, and balance them against potential rewards. The opportunity
No other sector has formed the 21st century like Technology has. Today, the 5 largest publicly traded companies in the world by market cap are technology companies. The rapid climb of the big four tech companies (Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, Google) has caused reverberations beyond the technology sector and has put technological disruption on the agenda of management teams across industries. This in turn has fuelled valuations as well as transaction activity in the technology sector with both PE and strategic investments at cyclical highs.
The EMEIA SaT Centre (EMTAC) Technology team works to anticipate market trends and articulate points of view on relevant sector issues to drive origination and lead or support the execution of mandates across the entire spectrum of services offered by Strategy and Transactions (SaT). We are seeking to build on our success and grow the execution capacity of the team through the recruitment of a motivated, resourceful and numerate employee. Ideally, this person should have prior experience in various segments of the Technology market, especially in horizontal and vertical enterprise software which is a core focus of the team.Qualifications:Your key responsibilities
In your role you will have responsibility for;
Skills and attributes for success
- Working as part of cross-functional and cross-border teams and with clients across EMEIA to identify and execute transaction opportunities. This will include taking proposals to market, identifying investors, buyers and sellers and presenting transaction opportunities in the most effective way, executing M&A and other SaT services assignments, and negotiating and structuring transactions to a successful completion.
- Reviewing and preparing theme-based origination presentations, reports, memoranda and pitch materials for clients.
- Supervising the modelling of financial implications of transactions.
- Being creative in the sourcing and use of information and able to make sensible assumptions where appropriate.
To qualify for the role you must have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Team Player - Working in collaboration within small client-focused teams of 3 to 4 providing financial and commercial advice, technical input and client support;
- Technical Skills - Experience in various segments of the Technology market, especially in horizontal and vertical enterprise software;
- Commercial acumen - Preparing and using complex financial models, including undertaking sensitivity/scenario analysis; developing and analysing financial, technical and related data, including undertaking market research and liaising together with other technical, market and legal advisors where necessary;
- Presentations and Proposals - Preparation of presentations and pitch/proposal documents and ability to support in presenting these to clients and related parties confidently and articulately;
- Business Development - Participate in the development and maintenance of client relationships, including supporting origination and marketing activities.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Demonstratable experience in the Technology sector, with a professional services firm, investment bank, M&A boutique or industry participant in a Commercial / Business Development / M&A function;
- Prior experience and good knowledge of the Technology sector, market trends and major players, with solid knowledge of the EMEIA landscape;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, preferably also with financial modelling skills.
What we look for
- Experience supporting transaction processes such as: disposals through optimal positioning of assets or businesses, identifying target bidders, preparing Information Memoranda and negotiating commercial terms; acquisitions by identifying targets and working to structure and negotiate successful transactions; and/or capital raising activities
- Commitment to business development and able to identify opportunities to yield the best value
- Ability to build effective interpersonal working relationships and work together in co-operation with a small team internally while also nurturing trusted client relationships.
- Ability to absorb new information quickly, and developing a deep understanding of the strategic rationale for transactions
- Ability to quickly understand fast-moving situations, demonstrates self-awareness when dealing with others, and responsive to adapt own approach based on differences in individual styles and backgrounds
- Sound numerical and financial skills and an understanding of financial statements
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of working with technical and/or legal advisors
- Strong Business writing and presentation skills
- Self-awareness to seek feedback on performance and drive own development
- Prior experience of private equity is an advantage, but not essential
What we offer
- We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, enthusiastic, consultative and collaborative in nature with a passion for Technology and a very strong interest in transactions.
- Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work independently and flexibly as and when required.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. Apply now.
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.