Our Accounting and Outsourcing team work to support our clients to better run their finance functions, understand their financial position and performance, and to ensure they are compliant with changing accounting and tax legislation. With the relentless pace of technology change our teams advise clients in areas such as process and digitalisation, business performance and financial reporting, while building enduring relationships that positions Mazars as a trusted adviser. Our successful team of more than 250 professionals is growing across all areas including cloud accounting, payroll, financial reporting and company secretarial. Job Purpose
As the Client Advisor you will be part of a dynamic and evolving business advisory team that provides an outstanding quality of work and service to our clients, ensuring accurate and timely preparation of financial statements under FRS102, IFRS and the Companies Act.
You will be part of a team of expert advisors who build bespoke solutions across a range of disciplines, according to client needs, from preparing annual statutory and management accounts to comprehensive fully bespoke solutions.
Our clients range from SME's, entrepreneurial and private clients and larger organisations based both in the UK and Internationally from a range of sectors including manufacturing, service industry, education sector and retail. Role & Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Preparation of statutory accounts for clients, including consolidated accounts and consolidation workings.
- To be part of a team of expert advisors who build bespoke solutions across a range of disciplines, according to client needs.
- Financial accounting.
- Building strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Liaising with other departments for specialist advice.
- Reporting in a timely and accurate manner to client queries.
- Keeping managers informed of case progress and any issues arising.
- Raising the profile of the firm by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service and support they receive and that they are aware of all other services.
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team.
- Mentoring, supervising and training colleagues.
- Providing constructive feedback for the completion of team member performance appraisals.
- Responding to the needs of clients and team members.
- Assisting with business development by working with Accounting and Outsourcing colleagues and colleagues in other service lines.
- Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
Inclusion and Diversity
- ACCA or ACA Part or Newly qualified with excellent broad practical accounting and statutory financial statements preparation experience.
- People management skills with a passion for working as part of a team.
- Organisational skills.
- Experience of the preparation of FRS102 and IFRS statutory accounts for a variety of businesses including large groups.
- Relevant recent experience working in a practice accountancy environment.
- Good IT skills, intermediate level of Excel is essential.
- Good interpersonal and client handling skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
- Provides assistance, shares experience, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others.
- Begins to develop a network of client contacts and contacts in the wider market.
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.