EY is a global network of professional services firms engaged in advisory, transaction, assurance and tax services with member firms in over 170 countries worldwide. The UK firm of Ernst & Young LLP has over 700 partners and 17,000 employees.
The UK Legal team, based in London and Birmingham, is well established and highly regarded. Led by our General Counsel, Lisa Cameron, we comprise 27 lawyers supported by 4 paralegals. The UK Legal team also forms part of a Global legal function. The opportunity
We have a vacancy for a lawyer at senior manager level within our high performing and ambitious in-house legal team with experience of and/or a developing interest in regulatory affairs and reporting. This is an exciting opportunity to help support the challenges of an increasingly rigorous, complex and changing regulatory landscape including the FRC's transformation to the Audit Reporting and Governance Authority (ARGA). We enjoy a challenging workload, supporting EY's NextWave Strategy to create long term value as the world's most trusted, distinctive professional services organisation by the prompt delivery of pragmatic, adaptable and commercial legal/regulatory advice.Qualifications:Your key responsibilities
The work within the UK Legal team is highly varied and covers all legal issues arising from the running of a professional services business. Much of the legal work is at the cutting edge of business practice as the firm constantly finds innovative ways to help our clients' businesses. Part of our work focusses on legal risk in the context of regulation, including understanding regulatory expectations of us and anticipating future trends. You will work closely alongside our Regulatory Reporting Manager, and also with the firm's Regulatory & Public Policy team. Your work will include
What we look for
- a focus on new regulatory developments and wider themes for professional services firms in the UK,
- legal/regulatory input into regulatory consultations; requests for information from regulators as part of e.g. regulatory thematic reviews and the firm's own Annual Transparency Report,
- legal technical research into related areas and monitoring emerging regulatory changes,
- input into/drafting regulatory reports and correspondence with our regulators,
- developing thought leadership and training in relevant regulatory areas and identifying opportunities for improvement,
- assisting in the firm's overall development of relationships and engagement with its regulators and relevant trade bodies,
- contributing to regulatory reporting for the firm's senior leadership,
- providing meaningful and strategic insight, anticipating needs,
- support for the firm's internal committees on legal and regulatory matters.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong team player with excellent strategic, organisational, and communication skills.
- Demonstrable commitment to the attributes of our highest performing teams - focus on results, accepting of accountability, committed, embraces healthy conflict, builds trust.
- Keeps calm and copes well with conflicting and ever-changing deadlines.
- Ability to lead, provide a view, take responsibility and ownership of issues, including an ability to take difficult decisions and provide substantiated arguments.
- An agile self-starter who actively looks to build relationships based on trust and confidence.
- Commercial awareness of the issues facing us as we evolve, coupled with a proactive desire to get alongside the evolving regulation of our business, offering legal insight and support.
Ideally, you'll also have
- At least 10 years of post-qualification legal experience
- Significant litigation or regulatory experience gained either in a reputable City law firm (or equivalent) and/or in-house and with experience of supervising junior lawyers
- Ability to provide practical legal advice and support with a high degree of professionalism in a fast-paced environment and to establish a high degree of credibility, respect and trust at all levels.
What we offer
- Ability to be persuasive, collaborative, tactful and flexible in approach and to see the bigger picture.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. Apply now. "#LI-P"
- Continuous learning : You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you : We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership : We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture : You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.