Job Description Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this
link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Marischal College, Aberdeen
Duration: Permanent, full time
To design, develop, deliver and commission training programmes for children's social work staff.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
Educated to degree level in a relevant degree or ability to evidence equivalent transferable skills
Registration with SSSC
The post holder will be expected to:
Work in accordance with adult, child and public protection principles and procedures
Travel as required in relation to the needs of the service
Work at alternative locations as required
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- The ability to identify training needs in relation to policy and legislative requirements and developments
- The ability to work autonomously and in partnership with others, to develop and deliver training programmes
- The ability to assist in the development of systems for organising (and statistically recording) training activity
- The ability to adopt a creative approach and exercise initiative to the design and delivery of learning and development opportunities
- The ability to ensure the promotion and compliance with statutory, policy and procedural requirements.
- The ability to promote equalities, human rights, health and safety and service user involvement
- The capability to make sure that good practice and continuous professional development of self is maintained in line with policy and procedures, agreed standards and legislation and in line with statutory obligations
- The ability to challenge practice and to report concerns / good practice to line manager
Please see the attached job profile for further information.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs