£35k to £39kLocation:
Southwark, London SE17
Our clients' vibrant and friendly Child Day Nursery is Located just a short distance from Elephant & Castle station. Their wonderful purpose-built nursery has an exciting range of equipment (generously budgeted) with a child-focused environment and is based in a great location.
They are currently recruiting for an experienced and passionate Nursery Manager for a full day care setting to ensure high quality care is delivered and manage and lead the day to day operations and smooth running of the Day Nursery in Elephant & Castle
Our client's very friendly and approachable management team have extensive experience in designing, building and operating day nurseries and are very confident that you will have the best possible support to succeed. They train all Nursery Managers with their very successful Leadership Training Programme (and the Deputy Nursery Managers & Room Leaders as well, so they will be supporting you in the right way).
They are looking for someone who understands that every decision that is made should be in the best interests of the children. This requires strong but fair leadership, having the drive and passion to deliver the very best quality and always be forward thinking but also knowing that there are always areas for personal development (and they can fully support you with these also).
If you are looking for a new, exciting challenge please do applyRequirements
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a Nursery Manager of a full day care setting (All year round, full days, all age groups)
- Minimum level 3 qualification in childcare or equivalent in Childcare and be able to demonstrate past Management experience.
- Ambition and passion to want to achieve the very best personally and professionally and who is willing and able to dedicate the time needed to do this. Success will be rewarded.
- Proven track record of driving commercial success and an understanding that by achieving this, the benefits for the nursery are widespread.
- Ability to lead a staff team to success through motivation, inspiration and fair but firm managementResponsibilities and Duties:
Day to day tasks will be outlined at interview stage. Below is a brief synopsis:
- Promoting the Nursery in the local community & build business.
- To take day to day responsibility for children & staff
- To lead government subvention scheme provision for pre-schoolers (where applicable).
- Developing & maintaining documentation of curriculum & learning
- Maintain all records as required by OFSTED.
- Network with appropriate statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Liaise with members of the wider community, bringing members of the community into the service setting for educational purposes.
- Comply with all regulatory standards as set out by OFSTED, the early years foundation standards and the nursery's internal audit.
- Operate the company within the given financial budget and liaise with the CFO/Accounts Department as appropriate.
- Competitive salary
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Rewards
- Exclusive Employee Lifestyle & Learning Discount Platform
- 20 days annual leave
- Holiday increments based on length of service
- Further development and training within the industry
- Progression opportunities within the company
- The opportunity to work with a team of dedicated childcare professionals
Right & Square Recruitment is an employment agency and employment business