Are you a dynamic, committed and enthusiastic leader with a proven track-record in nature conservation and wider countryside management? Do you enjoy working as part of an energetic and forward-looking team, and with wider stakeholders, to deliver our vision? This a rare opportunity to take a leading role in a beautiful part of the country and an area that is extremely important for wildlife and landscapes. You will lead and inspire your team of rangers, as well as our many staff and volunteers together with wider stakeholder and partner organisations, in how they can also play their part in restoring a beautiful, healthy and natural environment.Due to the nature of this role a driving licence is required. What it's like to work here
The Wiltshire Landscape portfolio has at its heart the National Trust's landscapes and property within The Stonehenge & Avebury World Heritage Site, a complex and very special place, covering more than 6,000 years of history. The portfolio also comprises a number of wider countryside sites, including Sites of Special Scientific Interest and sites within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This is the chance to be influential in the shaping of our future offer across the WHS landscapes and beyond. In addition to world renown archaeology that attracts people from all over the world, there is also an on-site Museum at Avebury displaying archaeological finds and explaining the history of the site, a sixteenth-century manor house and a six-acre Edwardian garden.
For more information about our property please visit What you'll be doing
Reporting to the General Manager, and as part of the Property Leadership team, you will play a strategic role in the future of the portfolio. Leading your countryside team, you will set and deliver plans to protect and enhance the conservation of our properties which includes wildlife, landscapes, buildings, and archaeology. You will be responsible for strategic planning and the operational day-to-day delivery of everything related to the countryside management on our properties. You will also have a key role in influencing how we shape our landscape offers at both Avebury and Stonehenge.
You will engage a wide variety of external stakeholders in delivering your work and you will enable a broad range of visitors to have outstanding and inspirational experiences through the quality of our welcome and the effectiveness of our conservation work. Who we're looking for
- Relevant nature conservation and working on protected landscapes.
- Experienced in motivating and inspiring internal staff.
- Balancing conservation, access, presentation and visitor engagement experience.
- Experienced in delivering complex partnership working.
- Safety and compliance experience.
- Budget management and identifying new commercial income streams.
- Some project management experience.
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.