BUSINESS CHANGE PROJECT MANAGER
Office based in Rainton Bridge, Sunderland - remote working during COVID restrictions
£328.41 a day via PAYE OR £429.59 a day via Umbrella
EDF Renewables UK ("EDF RUK") is one of the UK's leading renewable energy companies, specialising in wind power, solar and battery storage technology. In line with our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for high calibre professionals to join our team to be part of the energy for change.
EDF RUK develops, builds, operates and maintains wind farms and other renewable technologies throughout their lifetime. The EDF RUK portfolio of nearly 1,000 MW consists of 36 wind farms - including two offshore wind farms - and one of the largest operational battery storage units in Europe. In addition, EDF RUK is seeking to deliver further growth from its own development pipeline or though securing new acquisitions of projects and has more than 4GW consented, in planning and development. We have been successful in expanding our portfolio into Ireland securing solar, offshore and onshore wind opportunities.
As Change + Project Manager you will work closely with our Business Improvement Lead to initiate, plan and execute change projects effectively, driving internal customer deliverables and successful project handover across the EDF Renewables Business.
This position would be ideal for someone with strong people engagement and project management experience as well as HR, people and finance experience and a good understanding of Lean, project and change management.
Day to day you will:
* Providing effective management to change teams on projects assigned to you to support with
* Co-ordination of, publication, review and sign-off of major Project Management and Change deliverables.
* Ensuring project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost, and resource utilisation is monitored.
* Monitoring and reporting on progress of assigned projects.
* Co-ordinate project activities to meet quality objectives. Managing project risks, issues and change control, communicating the impact to the project.
* Monitor projects against time, budget and quality standards.
* Provide complete and accurate Management Information to the Business Improvement Lead, Senior Management and Senior Exec Team as appropriate to bring to attention areas for management focus in advance of / avoiding escalations.
* Be responsible for preparation of consolidated material from project reports for monthly reviews, completes and distributes monthly portfolio reports for senior management review.
* Have a clear understanding of project budgeting and baselining.
As Change + Project Manager you will be have a good understanding of Change Management strategies, Operational Excellence and Lean Methodology with experience of developing change and transformational projects that 'take people on the journey' to improvement. You will have the ability to engage with key stakeholders across the business to promote a culture of continuous improvement identifying new ways of working and support the delivery of better value and efficiency.
What does being a great Change Manager mean at EDF Renewables mean?
Strong Collaboration: You will deliver positive collaboration and contribute to key business change projects, to drive the strategy and priorities of the whole EDF RUK. You will be able to provide clear direction to your project teams in an evolving landscape
Curiosity: You're able to gain an understanding of what project data and key stakeholders are telling you and generate customer insights and solutions from this.
Planning & Prioritising: You have a structured plan for the required works that is achievable and communicated to stakeholders, and you keep track of progress to ensure it is shared with the business.
Create The Right Solution: You are able to identify alternative solutions to established practices and develop better ways to meet the business' needs.
Telling The Story: You can effectively articulate the problem and explain why you are solving it. You can provide data that supports this and are able to explain the solution that has been chosen.
Implementation: You proactively follow through on your activities and projects to deliver a high quality outcomes with effective change management
* Experience of working on business change projects with the ability to manage complex projects across a multi-directorate organisation
* Change management & business transformation experience is essential - the incumbent will be expected to act as focal point for change, whilst effectively collaborating on projects assigned
* Demonstrable experience in a Continuous Improvement / Operational Excellence role
* Working with diverse sets of stakeholders to agree solutions that meet a range of business demands
* Proven track record in delivering workshops and other change management techniques, readily adopting new ways of working and technology innovation
* Experience of working with multi-location teams
* Understanding of various project management frameworks and methodologies
* Previous PMO / Project Management experience essential
* Have experience of Lean / Operational Excellence techniques
Why EDF Renewables?
We're proud to be an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being, and although these roles are advertised on a full-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.
We're about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Recruiting from the widest possible pool of talent, we assess every potential employee against our four key behaviours - Integrity, Inclusion, Inspiration and Impact. We make sure that our workforce is a true reflection of our communities and customers. Their unique perspectives not only give us a better understanding of customers from all walks of life, but bring fresh ideas too.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92425313