Due to business growth, we are looking for an experienced Care Coordinator to join our amazing team in Sheffield.
As a Care Coordinator you will support customers to enjoy the best quality of life they can in the comfort of their own homes. You will liaise with the Care Manager to make sure there is sufficient cover to deliver all of the care and support plans on time.
You will make sure Care Workers with the right skills and experience are matched to deliver each customer's care and support plan, ensuring run and working patterns are efficient and logical. You will effectively prioritise to meet unexpected emergencies and changes in care packages.
Along with previous Care Coordination experience it is vital you have a supportive and calm manner together with excellent organisational and communication skills. We do also require the successful post holder to have a full driving licence.
Care Coordinator duties include:
- Use IT systems to allocate care workers to provide care and support to customers. Work within the coordination team to appropriately match care workers to customers taking account of care worker skills, experience and travel arrangements and the customer needs and preferences. Complete and distribute electronic rotas on a weekly basis
- Liaise with the registered manager to make sure that sufficient staff with the right skills mix are available to meet the needs of the business. Arrange cover for care worker sickness, absenteeism or holidays
- Take part in the out of hours emergency on-call Rota. This will only be required after the post holder has received full training and has been assessed as competent to provide appropriate guidance and advice in emergency situations
- This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties. We will provide full training in line with regulatory requirements.
- Work with the office team to maintain up to date electronic and hand written records. Record and monitor mileage and travel distances. Make sure that accidents and incidents are recorded, reported and acted upon
- Keep all information about customers and their families secure and confidential.
- Carry out general office duties. Prepare reports as required as required by the registered manager
- Assist with investigations relating to the quality of the service and implement improvement actions
- Talk to customers and their chosen representatives about their care and support taking account of different communication needs and levels of understanding
- Work with the Bluebird Care team and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality homecare services.
- Apply Bluebird Care policies and procedures at all times.
You will have a good understanding of the range of customer needs and the nature of homecare. You will be self-motivated, reliable and keen to learn. Having a good telephone manner with the ability to work under pressure whilst adhering to company policies and procedures are also critical to this role. Previous Care Coordination experience and a full driving license is essential.
Salary - Up to £26,000 per year (depending on experience)
Hours - 8-30am-5-00pm Mon to Fri (plus On Call commitments)