Case Manager £32,000-£38,000SheffieldOffice and Remote ABOUT THE ROLE
To assess client need, and implement multi-disciplinary support through therapeutic relationships with clients and their families. To promote supportive, open and trusting relationships with support workers. Maintain excellent communication and liaison with all professionals including therapists, Social Services/Local Authorities, CCG`s, Medical Practitioners, families, Solicitors and Insurers and others as and when necessary.DUTIES
- Carry out detailed assessment of the care, rehabilitation and case management needs of clients, with detailed understanding of the client`s needs and vulnerabilities for living independently within the community.
- To prepare Case Management Reports and establish and agree Case Management Plans.
- Monitor progress and changes in the client's situation and review the case management plan accordingly.
- Act as advocate for the client and establish an excellent working relationship with the client and his/her family.
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary professionals as and when required in order to co-ordinate services and sharing of information.
- Implement and monitor an appropriate support regime, providing supervision and training for support workers as required to ensure they are always up to date with the most relevant training and information.
- Resource and procure suitable equipment, services and activities as and when required.
- Maintain accurate and up to date case management documentation
- Provide information and education on the client`s condition with the client, his/her family, Support Workers and relevant others whenever appropriate.
- Carry out such other tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Contribute to regular supervision, attendance at events and own personal training to maintain good practice, increase knowledge and skills, build external relationships and optimise performance.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- To work in an open way with honesty and flexibility, promoting trust and confidence in the service from our Clients, their families, other professionals and the community.
- To always protect and respect the rights of our Client`s and to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- To complete records clearly and accurately as agreed and to share such records openly with the Client
- To liaise with other colleagues and professionals as agreed within the support and rehabilitation plans.
- To work as part of a team and to support your colleagues to do their jobs.
- To ensure detailed knowledge of and compliance with the Organisation`s policies and procedures, including Child Protection and Adult Protection Procedures.
- You must have a qualification in either Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Social Work or Counselling.
- To co-ordinate and manage multi-disciplinary teams/approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- People skills / empathetic nature
- Ability to resolve conflict with your client and/or their family dynamics
- Excellent people management skills
- Drive, passion and commitment to deliver excellent results in all areas
Athona Recruitment's nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in finding permanent and temporary employment for nurses. We have a dedicated team of consultants that help recruit nurses into NHS hospitals, care homes, private hospitals and clinics across the country. Whether you're based in the UK or overseas, we can help you find a nursing position that's right for you.