This is an exciting new role to lead and manage the development and delivery in community partnerships programmes and the onsite discovery programme; including overseeing the day to day support of our volunteers, deliver training & drive a significant volunteer program. All in support of the RZSS' vision and mission. Some of the things you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Develop and maintain a supportive and dynamic first-class customer service culture and public engagement amongst the team focusing on delivering informative, professional presentations and exceeding visitor expectations.
- Lead on all aspects of a defined range of volunteering activities and outcomes for agreed target participants, to agreed standards supporting RZSS' vision and mission, ensuring all activities deliver value on the visitor journey.
- Lead, develop and manage and evaluate targeted programmes: identify key challenges in our local communities that can be addressed by our unique resources.
- Create programmes which promote the zoos' resource as community hub to support initiatives to strengthen community.
- Develop links with social and community groups to broaden our access to those in need of the benefits that contact with animals can bring.
- Ensure all programmes promote the wellbeing benefits for users, the zoo and for nature
- Develop and create plans and programmess for volunteering, community programmes and onsite engagement providing meaningful and impactful opportunities.
- You'll have a good understanding of developing community programmes.
- Assertive communicator, confident in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and presenting.
- Experience of working in a similar role.
- Track record of providing first-class customer care and service through interpretation delivery.
- Ability to plan, design, deliver and evaluate programmes using a variety of innovative and contemporary methodologies.
For further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria - please see the 'related documents' section under the site location map.