With a strong Project Management background, you will have extensive experience of planning, managing risks, governance and managing resource. You will have experience in delivering a project/change and taking responsibility for dependency management, dynamic and insightful reporting, stakeholder management and delivery.TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The following skills and experience in the context of a high complexity project environment are essential:
- Delivery - Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Project Management - Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team. Provide effective leadership and management controls. Set project controls. Design the project structure and organisation appropriate to stage. Set appropriate delivery methodologies. Manage effective transition between project phases.
- Business Case - Develop and draft the Business Case, with input from specialists as necessary
- Project Performance & Controls - Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintain Project Plan. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls. Manage performance and report progress to sponsors.
- Stakeholder Management - Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and need for senior level support. Manage internal and external relationships as appropriate.
- Change Management - Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
- Risks & Issues - Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Identify and work with related projects to manage interdependencies.
- Governance - Support effective governance and decision making. Provide reporting and engage in mechanisms that hold you, as Project Manager, to account for delivery.
- Assurance - Engage with assurance reviews and support action on recommendations. Organise assurance processes such as gateway reviews, as required.
- Resources - Identify skill requirements; and deploy and develop resources. Manage a medium sized team.
- Guidance & Support - Provide support, guidance and coaching for the project team. Show commitment to personal development. Promote effective individual and team performance.
- Budget - Develop the budget and track delivery within budget.
- Benefits Realisation - Deliver the agreed Business Case benefits and outcomes. Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place, and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the Business Case.
· A proven track record of project management and delivery of projects covering full project lifecycle within budget, time, quality and user expectations, specifically project initiation, some of which will be in an agile environment
· Are an expert in interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record of establishing and building strong, collaborative and productive relationships across functional and organisational boundaries.
· Experience of leading and influencing within a project and a proven track record of working collaboratively across organisation boundaries.
· Extensive experience of planning, dependency management, dynamic and insightful reporting, stakeholder management and delivery.
· You will have developed and implemented standards, tools, processes and systems for successful project delivery with the ability to apply these using a blended approach of both Waterfall and Agile methodologiesThe following skills and experience in the context of a high complexity project environment are desirable:
· Experience implementing and improving systems - working with legacy systems.
It is desirable that you hold a recognised project delivery qualification such as:
* PRINCE2 Practitioner
* Agile Project Management Practitioner
* APM Practitioner Qualification
* APM Registered Project Professional
* Project Leadership Programme
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92429906