Paterson Recruitment are supporting a local authority in Oxfordshire with their search for a Commissioning Manager to join the Health and Social Care team.
Contract - 3 months, with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Working hours - Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00
Rate of pay: £200 - £320 per day Job Details:
• The postholder will lead teams of Commissioning Officers and Support Officers through matrix management arrangements to deliver specific commissioning work, based on strategic priorities as determined by Lead Commissioners.
• They will also line manage a number of Commissioning Officers and Support Officers for the purposes of performance management and workforce development.
• The role will require joint working with other Council directorates, Health colleagues, providers, communities and other partners, therefore building effective working relationships and developing holistic opportunities is vital.
• To identify and drive the development of strategic opportunities across services for Health, Education and Social Care, supporting the delivery of strategies and outcomes across Oxfordshire for their primary tier of need.
• To apply research, analysis, knowledge and expertise to develop and influence strategies and make evidence-based commissioning decisions which deliver outcomes, quality and value for the people of Oxfordshire. Skills/Experience required:
- A degree level or equivalent qualification or relevant professional experience commensurate with the role
- Commissioning work experience spanning at least 3 years (preferably in local government or the wider public sector), with demonstrable impact across the full commissioning cycle.
- Ability to drive innovation, new ways of working and collaboration across a wide range of stakeholders, including other council directorates, health, providers and communities.
- Experience of strategically shaping and developing markets to deliver current and future requirements, including building capacity and commercial partnerships.
- Detailed understanding of legislation, guidance and policies in relation to adults and children's services (Safeguarding in particular), as well as commissioning, procurement and contract management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, build strong relationships and work flexibly with a wide range of stakeholders including providers, service users and communities.
To apply please send your CV to the email address below or alternatively please call Rosie on .