Maths TeacherSeptember 2021£25,714 - £29,664NorthamptonshireAre you looking for a Maths position for September?Would you like to work in a supportive secondary school?Can you teach good or outstanding Maths lessons?
A mainstream secondary school in Northamptonshire are looking for a current trainee or newly qualified Maths teacher to join their team in September 2021 and Empowering Learning are supporting them to find the right candidate.
You will be joining a school that has seen significant improvements in the last few years and is currently rated as good by Ofsted. The school now has a reputation for its relentless pursuit of excellence with a focus on academic rigour. They insist on outstanding behaviour within a harmonious and respectful culture, where students feel happy and safe. The school staff encourage all students to become confident and independent young adults, balanced by compassion and respect for others.
You will be joining a vibrant school and a committed, talented and supportive department. The school has state-of-the-art facilities and resources. The school offer a highly supportive environment and a comprehensive CPD programme. As part of a growing trust, you will have superb promotion prospects and career development.
For this role you will need to demonstrate that you can deliver highly effective teaching and pupils outcomes to at least KS3 and KS4.You will be:
Essential Qualities for this role:
- A highly committed Maths teacher who believes in making a difference to the life of every student
- Committed to developing learning strategies which challenge and interest students
- Able to show the drive and determination to be part of a school aiming for outstanding
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Recent and relevant CPD
- Ability to successfully teach Mathematics at key stages 3 and 4
- Experience of the role as a Form Tutor
- Effective communicator
- The ability to plan and deliver high quality lessons
- Proven ability to deliver well planned and stimulating lessons
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of effective behaviour management strategies and the ability to put these into practice
- Demonstrate understanding of the secondary national curriculum
- Knowledge of current educational policy and initiatives
- Ability to evaluate the quality of pupils' progress using a range of evidence
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- A demonstrable commitment to supporting and promoting safeguarding, student welfare, equality and diversity
- A thorough understanding of up-to-date safeguarding requirements and best practice
- High expectations for every pupil and a proven track record of making a difference to the learning and experiences of pupils inside and outside the classroom.
Applications are encouraged from ambitious teachers who share the school's vision, including current trainee teachers.Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, with interviews taking place as and when suitable applications are received. As such, early application is advised.
The trust has a strong ethos of student welfare and therefore any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS). For more information please contact John Byrne at Empowering Learning Ltd. on 07934 299 452