This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, dynamic and hands-on individual, offering considerable scope for development, learning and progression. Description
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reporting packs for submission to Group Finance.
- Production of cost centre reporting, including investigation of variances to the budget to ensure control of business.
- Liaison with internal and external accountants across multiple markets to ensure the timely and accurate preparation of monthly accounts packs.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required, involving collecting, analysing, and summarising data, information, and trends.
- Supporting the preparation of annual budgets and bi-annual forecasts.
- Prepare commercial and operating reports.
- Preparation of cashflow forecast reporting for selected markets.
- Handling day-to-day treasury queries.
- Producing P&L reconciliations including, but not limited to, sales and stock.
- Balance sheet review and control.
- Processing invoices, managing the approval process and preparing payment runs for outsourced Accounting teams.
- Supporting the FC with any ad-hoc projects that may arise.
- Part-qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) with at least 2 years' accounting experience within a European business.
- Retail industry experience is advantageous.
- Fluency in French is preferable.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent Excel/IT skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, across all levels of the organisation, with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to champion innovation and process improvements.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button. Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.