The GF Group of companies is one of the region's largest privately owned employers, with brands such as Great Annual Savings Group and Spennymoor Town Football Club. The inspiration of our Chief Executive has led to the creation of the GF Community Foundation, which will be representative of the Group's values. With roots firmly in our local area, our Chief Executive inspires with his vision of hope and opportunity for all, through community spirit and a culture of togetherness.
The GF colleagues are vast in number, talent and expertise, and we hope to use this flair and capacity to offer support to the groups of people locally who are already doing amazing things to maximise impact to community groups most in need. To support our ambitions, we have created a number of new roles including 4 regional Community Impact Managers (CIMs).
Leading the way in their local community, our CIM's will be the champion of hope for their neighbourhood, focusing within 1 of 4 specific communities: Seaham, Spennymoor, East Durham and Hetton & Easington Lane. A fundamental role within the GF Community Foundation, these individuals will be charged with identifying key social issues and offering scope to work with a host of partners to provide opportunity and realise potential for their community.
The principle aims include improving sport, health and wellbeing opportunities within the community, harnessing assets, and financial support to create more employment and education prospects and working with key stakeholders to identify projects to support and fund.
Each person within their region will collaborate with all aspects of the community from schools, church groups, sports clubs, neighbourhood schemes, community/village halls, healthcare organisations, and voluntary organisations as well as local authorities and corporate business partners. Each CIM will reflect their local community; we need someone closely connected with the area, someone with history and awareness of the issues and challenges their community faces and ideas as to how to tackle them. This person must be able to motivate and empower people to get involved in our activities by creating groups to meet local needs and directing people to relevant support and services.
Reporting to the Group Foundation Manager, working together with the Fundraising & Event Manager, these roles will be fundamental to the growth and achievements of the GF Community Foundation; making their vision, to create hope, a reality.What we need to see from you:
What would you gain with us?
- You will live within the area you are applying for or be able to show clear links and relationships within the community, perhaps through existing relationships with many of the local groups, associations, charities, schools and businesses.
- A confident and extrovert character, you will be confident in communicating with people from differing backgrounds, as well as able to work in a group or singular environment.
- Perhaps you will have had some level of personal experience in some of the challenges faced by the community and can relate to the difficulties "on the ground" - showing empathy and understanding.
- You will most definitely have a great level of knowledge and history of the area in which you are applying.
- Ideally you'll have a full driving licence and your own transport for ease of travel, and a flexibility to working hours.
For more detail on key responsibilities, please refer to the careers page on the Great Annual Savings Group website.