The GF Group of companies is one of the region's largest privately owned employers, with brands such as Great Annual Savings Group and Spennymoor Town Football Club. The inspiration of our Chief Executive has led to the creation of the GF Community Foundation, which will be representative of the Group's values. With roots firmly in our local area, our Chief Executive inspires with his vision of hope and opportunity for all, through community spirit and a culture of togetherness.
The GF colleagues are vast in number, talent and expertise, and we hope to use this flair and capacity to offer support to the groups of people locally who are already doing amazing things to maximise impact to community groups most in need. To support our ambitions, we have created a number of new roles including a Fundraising & Event Manager.
A pivotal role in the creation and development of the Group's charitable activities, this position will be responsible for achieving an ambitious target; growing income from a wide range of internal and external activities, events and opportunities.
Applicants must be visionary, with experience and capability to capture the imagination of the Group's UK wide colleagues, and the wider local communities. Our Fundraising & Events Manager will be tasked with developing and expanding a portfolio of fundraising products and a calendar of events whilst developing regional and volunteer fundraising opportunities often with likeminded corporate partners.
We need someone innovative and bold; an individual who will naturally build relationships both internally across the Group, and externally within the local communities. This person will engage with local supporters, groups and other corporate organisations; to cultivate and drive income generation in the area.
Whilst focused and targeted toward income generation, this person will have an intuitive approach to quality, ensuring all activities are developed and delivered to the highest standards, and that any supporter (internal or external) receives the best possible care and are progressed through the range of giving opportunities.
Reporting to the Group Foundation Manager, working together with the Community Impact Managers in each region, this role will be fundamental to the growth and achievements of the GF Community Foundation; making our vision "To Create Hope" a reality.What we need to see from you:
What would you gain with us?
- You will have notable and demonstrable experience of developing fundraising strategies and activity plans, with clear expertise and a track record of working on innovative fundraising products within community and events fundraising.
- With strong knowledge of charity law and best practice, you will be well versed in developing relationships at regional/national levels with community groups and corporate partners.
- A natural leader, with an inspirational voice, you will be comfortable in social situations and able to engage others with your confident and optimistic disposition.
- Assumed in project management and the slick execution of events (within budget).
- A full driving licence and ideally your own transport, with a willing attitude toward working hours and travel.
- A generous and supportive financial package with the added benefits provided with an entrepreneurial business.
- The opportunity to make a visible, accountable contribution to our local communities.
- To appreciate and see the difference your work makes "on the ground".
- Autonomy and responsibility whilst always being aware of the Foundation's goals and objectives.
- An externally facing role with the chance to make a direct impact in the name of the Group.
For more detail on key responsibilities, please refer to the careers page on the Great Annual Savings Group website.