A successful, fast-paced and high growth retail business is currently hiring a new Commercial Finance Analyst to join its large UK Head Office function based in Birmingham.
In a heavily operations-focussed role, you will be tasked with interpreting large amounts of raw sales and performance data into more meaningful and simplistic management information for use by the commercial team, thus facilitating an improved focus on more efficient sales strategy. You will also be responsible for translating this complex information for your non-finance audience (i.e. Senior Commercial Managers, Sales Director, Marketing Director, etc.) into more understandable terms, helping the business focus on board level strategy. Furthermore you will business-partner individual budget holders to guide strategy, improve budgetary performance, improve necessary processes and challenge forecasts in order to facilitate better accuracy and controls.
This opportunity will give you direct commercial experience in a fast-paced, ambitious and growing retail environment - helping you develop priceless experience for a future move towards senior management (i.e. Finance Manager, Financial Controller or Finance Director).
Ideally, you will:
- Be a qualified/part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with previous commercial experience of business partnering non-finance staff at Director level;
- Demonstrate instances in which you have been able to add tangible value to directly improve the performance of a business / business unit;
- Be used to working at pace, demonstrating the organisational skills to effectively balance many different priorities simultaneously;
- Have a good academic record and exposure to a large national (or international) business;
- Be ambitious and motivated, with evident qualities of initiative and drive that match those of this rapidly growing business.
In return, you will:
- Work in a very large, proactive, fast-paced business during a period of rapid growth (prospects for longer-term career opportunities are huge);
- Gain direct commercial and operational exposure in a varied, exciting and important role;
- Enjoy a competitive salary with rewards and benefits being given for good performance and loyalty;
- Enjoy outstanding career progression prospects in an environment that focusses on developing and progressing staff;
- Be encouraged to develop your role by providing continuous improvements to procedures, systems and processes.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Finance Analyst to gain direct operational and commercial exposure in a large, successful and forward-thinking national business - enjoying great career prospects as a result.