This national retail business based in Walsall have recently promoted internally and have a new requirement for a new Assistant Management Accountant to strengthen its growing head-office finance team.
Reporting directly to the FP&A Manager, the role will be split between business partnering with teams such as business development, and cost reductions, along with reporting and analysis working closely with the FP&A Manager.
The business are really looking for those in the early stages of their accountancy career, with the talent, ambition and hunger to really develop their skills in a fast-paced environment. As such, the successful candidate will be mentored and will have a lot of time invested in them to ensure the training they receive and the growth they experience is of the best quality.
Ideally, you will:
- Have previous experience in an Assistant Accountant role, with the tangible potential to progress your commercial finance experience to the next level
- Possess great communication skills enabling you to deal comfortably and confidently with internal staff of all levels;
- Be used to working at pace in a challenging and exciting environment, with demonstrable examples of delivering high quality work to tight deadlines;
- Have excellent systems skills, particularly in the effective use of Excel;
- Have a good academic record, with degree graduates (in a related subject) preferred;
- Be studying your ACCA / CIMA with the hunger and drive to finish your studies within 2 years.
In return, you will:
- Work in a market-leading, proactive, growing and fast-paced business during an exciting period of rapid growth (prospects for longer-term career opportunities after you complete your ACCA / CIMA studies are genuine);
- Work closely with the FP&A and Finance Manager, as well as fully qualified Financial Accountants and Management Accountant who will provide you with valuable support for the timely completion of your ACCA / CIMA studies;
- Pick up varied accounting experience to strengthen your current skill-set, in a large and recognisable national business.
This is a great opportunity for a positive Assistant Management Accountant to work in a large, successful and forward-thinking national business - gaining commercial finance experience and push upon your analysis and presentation skill set for the future.