A long-established UK manufacturing company is looking for a Fabricator / Welder to join its team based in Manchester. This is a temporary position leading to a permanent role where you will be offered personal and career development. Working hours are Monday to Thursday 07.00 to 15.30 and Friday 07.00 to 14.30.
The company manufacture leading technology protection relays and medium voltage circuit breakers often for highly critical electrical power systems across a global client base. This is a hands on and varied role suiting a person with a strong technical and capable approach.
As a Fabricator / Welder you will:
- Manufacture fabricated sheet metal components and other items to a high standard in mild steel.
- Use hand tools and power tools.
- Carry out fabrication processes including MIG, TIG and spot welding.
- Use a Morgan Rushworth CNC press brake.
- Use a Trumpf T2000R punch machine .
The ideal Fabricator / Welder will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a fabricator, welder role
- Good basic Maths and English preferable GCSE grades C and above.
- An excellent eye for detail.
- The ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Good time management.
- Electronic / electrical or mechanical qualification would be advantageous.
In return, you will receive a salary of £24,000 - £28,000 pa, company pension scheme and 20 days holiday pro rata with a yearly increase.
If this sounds like the Fabricator / Welder role for you, click the apply link online and send an updated copy of your CV today!