The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the 'Apply' option.
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.The Role
Reporting to the Technical Repair Performance Director the primary role of the Technical Manager is to ensure that the Repair Solutions contractors complete high value and complex repairs correctly and efficiently, providing all necessary support to help them do that. They provide technical expertise to the network and Sedgwick colleagues, and so need experience and qualifications within construction and ideally the insurance repair market.Main Duties / Responsibilities
You Will Have/will Be
- To work with contractors to ensure revenue targets on complex repairs are achieved
- To work with contractors to ensure performance and compliance on complex repairs
- To work with contractors to ensure adequate contractor capacity / forecasting
- Completing Quality audits
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation
- Workflow targets
- Contractor Health & Safety compliance
- Complaint handling on complex repair cases
- Supporting Supply Chain Managers on technical issues
- Surge/event planning and management
- Contractor training
- New complex repair contractor identification, induction, and development
- Data accuracy
- Interpretation of MI
- Assist in Debt management and resolution
- Promoting Sedgwick Repair Solutions within Sedgwick and liaising with offices as required
- Ensuring Repair Solutions fulfils its obligations as Principal Contractor
What will you get for this role?
- A thorough understanding of construction
- A construction qualification, degree plus CIOB, RICS or be working towards
- Able to effectively influence those at a senior level
- Professional in your approach to dealing with issues and colleagues
- Appreciation of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong organisational or administrative skills with attention to detail and a methodical approach
- Focused on delivering outstanding customer service to the Sedgwick's internal customers and contractors
- IT literate and a comprehensive understanding of Windows based programmes to include Word, Excel and Outlook is essential
- The ability to communicate clearly and confidently with a range of people, both on the phone and face-to-face
- Strong teamwork skills are essential
- Superb communicator with 1st class customer service.
Working at Sedgwick
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Company car - driving license essential
- Flexible working for most vacancies
- Healthcare scheme
- A Self Invested Personal Pension Scheme
- Holiday allowance of 22 days plus bank holidays
- Discounts on various products and services
- Employee assistance programme for employee wellbeing
- Life assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Voluntary benefits - dental cover, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, wellbeing and digital GP applications
Our company is a place where creative and caring people of all backgrounds can be challenged, grow as individuals, and feel a higher purpose in the unique value they bring and the difference they make in the lives of others. We celebrate our differences; cultivating uniqueness and belonging allows us to connect with our consumers on a personal level, understand our clients' needs, support the communities in which we operate, and perform at our best.
We're passionate and understanding about our colleagues - so we have built flexibility into our colleague working model. If you wish to work from home, split your working time between the home and office or change your hours so you can collect your children or care for someone in your family, we're supportive of that. As a flexible employer, we're happy to discuss options that take into consideration your personal needs for this position during your interview.Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening, subject to: ID document verification, credit check, address verification, employment verification, employment gap verification, UK DBS, UK financial regulator search, anti-money laundering search, directorship search and global watch list check. Sedgwick is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.