You'll do more than the expected. You'll do the unexpected
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As part of the Digital Workplace team, we deliver the world's best colleague digital experience. Everywhere. Every Day. We simplify work and raise productivity by empowering colleagues with the best digital tools and service experiences.Focus
- Provides oversight of the suppliers or internally sourced partners that provide services to
- the Technology organization ensuring optimal value is from the contractual terms or
- internal agreements via effective management of economics, service level performance. You will ensure that the vendors adhere to AXP policies and procedures or business
- partners adhere to aligned agreements.
- Organizational Context
- Team member that will be responsible for leading, monitoring or establishing performance
- improvement plans as related to 3rd Party engagements or internal sourced partners.
- Reports to Engineering Director.
Scope Of Impact/Influence
- Promotes vendor contractual information or internally sourced agreements to others within Technology, via formal or information channels
- Supports the promotion of understanding of vendor and business management strategy to entities within Technology
- Documents business-related needs in support of desired contractual or commercial
- terms and negotiation strategy positions.
- Understands and effectively communicate processes and requirements of Service Level Agreements
- Supports team via development of effective communication plans.
- Provides needed analytical support for business/supplier issue dispute resolution
- Responsible to provide oversight for multiple key strategic suppliers
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.Minimum Qualifications
Education & Experience:
- Prior relevant work experience in financial management, data analysis, and IT services
- Univeristy Degree in related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- Ability to represent Technology/AXP positions to third parties in different type of situations including where the parties are at opposite sides of a position.
- Inherent curiosity and ability to understand trends, themes and develop positions from large of amounts of qualitative and quantitative data.
Technology Core Competencies
- Shown ability to handle multiple contending priorities, including planning, management and execution of responsibilities
- Ability to utilize and grow analytical skills (e.g., strategy, data analysis, managing service levels, etc)
- Ability to excel in a demanding environment while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Adaptive Communication
- Agile Practices
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Organizational Change Management
- Technical Acumen
- Technology Industry Trends
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Continuous Improvement
- Servant Leadership
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2021, 5:07:08 AM