A well-known media company is looking for a Senior Internal Communications Manager to join the team on a 12-month contract, paying a salary of £50,000 - £54,000.
As Senior Internal Communications Manager, you will lead the strategic delivery of the internal communications strategy, working closely with the CEO, Director of Communications and HR Director, among others, to bring the organization's purpose, mission, values and company strategy to life, clearly and consistently.
You will have a chance to help shape how the future workplace might look as the business seeks to establish new ways of working, including exploring how they unite office and remote workers, as well as those working across in television studios.
The Communications team is responsible for the fame and reputation of brand, looking after the network's consumer publicity, corporate communications and internal communications. The Consumer communications team devises innovative and compelling communications strategies for multiple brands under the overall umbrella and their content, to support the business' strategy and maintain strong and transparent relationships between the organization, the media, consumers and its stakeholders. With the support of the Communications team's ambitious media campaigns and consumer / influencer events, the organization is now regularly recognized for innovation, scale and creativity in the media industry.
It's a great time to work in the business after it performed brilliantly in a year that saw a global pandemic and a huge hit to advertising revenues that had an unprecedented impact on the broadcast industry. The hiring manager is looking for the successful candidate to start late-May so do apply if the role is of interest and the timeframes work for you.Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the organization's internal communications strategy in conjunction with the Director of Communications, ensuring colleagues understand the company's ambitious vision and their own vital role in ensuring the company achieves its goals.
- Promote the organization's strategy, plans, brand and key messages to internal audiences through the intranet, newsletter, organizational processes and events.
- Create a celebratory program that engages colleagues in imaginative brand values and culture, developing new, innovative and creative solutions to IC challenges.
- Be a leading voice in the positive cultural transformation of the company.
- Be responsible for the development, executive approval and execution of significant communications programs, including engagement surveys, company-wide events and new initiatives that enhance our culture.
- Actively monitor the success of IC initiative through regular evaluation, reviewing and updating methodology to ensure organizational best practice.
- Brief executives and managers on staff engagement and IC programs and secure stakeholder buy-in.
- Ensure that internal events meet the needs of their audiences and are delivered to time and within agreed budget.
- Manage the organization's IC budget, taking a savvy approach within the company's financial controls.
- Be responsible for the internal communications elements of the D&I program.
- Line manage an IC Executive, providing them with ongoing guidance and support.
- Substantial experience working in Internal Communications.
- Experience in people management.
- Passion for positive cultural and organizational change.
- Proficient in stakeholder management at all levels within the organization, promoting and displaying trust to build successful relationships.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work; comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects using excellent organization skills.
- Creative and good eye for detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Previous event and project management experience.
- Budget management skills.
- Develops thorough understanding of the organization's strategy and how the role contributes to it.
- A genuine passion for media and TV.
GROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making. VMA
GROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam, and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis. VMA
GROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.