Morgan McKinley is recruiting for a Fund Administrator on behalf of a leading bank based in Glasgow on an initial 3 month contract. The Fund Administrator will be rewarded with a daily rate of up to £200.
The Fund Accounting Department has responsibility for a number of different functions inclusive of daily net asset value (NAV) production, periodic oversight controls and production of statutory financial statements. The Department provides such functions for a range of fund types including UK Open Ended Investment Companies, a Property Authorised Investment Fund, Unit Trusts, UK administered Luxembourg SICAVs and life & pension funds.Purpose & Scope of the position:
Key Responsibilities of the role:Operational Excellence
- To prepare the reporting and reconciliations for all financial period ends and in direct support of financial statements production ensuring all client commitments and regulatory requirements are met.
- To meet client KPI's and service delivery commitments
- To preparedeliverables inclusive of but not limited to:
- Year end and interim accounts workbooks
- Trial balance reviews
- Balance sheet reviews
- Periodic IFRS10 reporting
- Pre-XD tasks
- Distribution rate calculations and reporting
- Timely completion of internal team management information
Risk and Control
- Working closely with Fund Accounting and Middle Office teams in ensuring integrity of fund data and managing responses to Clients, Auditors, Trustees, Custodians and other departments within Securities Services for those funds assigned responsibility for.
Key internal stakeholders:
- Adhere to procedures and controls in performing allocated tasks
- Assist in documenting procedures and controls for new and existing processes
- Timely escalation of any issues to Senior Accountant and Assistant Manager
- Ensure corrective and preventative action is taken if deadlines / quality standards are at risk
Key external key stakeholders:
- Internal service providers within AFS Operations
- IT & Change
- Fund Clients & Oversight teams
- Fund Auditors
- Fund Trustee & depositary
- Fund Custodian
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.