1. To assist in the on-going development of a financial management assurance framework within CBMUK's risk management strategy.
a. Provide support in identifying adequate baseline for different levels of activity and establish what should be in place across our programme portfolio.
b. Work closely with in-country finance staff to monitor partners' compliance with established procedures and donor requirements during site visits or remote monitoring and audits.
c. Assist in preparing quarterly (and ad-hoc as required) reports for Leadership Team/Programmes Committee to review and assess levels of risk and their mitigation.
2. To lead in the preparation of periodic financial reports to donors and improve accountability and donor compliance.
a. Prepare periodic donor financial reports according to internal and donor requirements.
b. As part of the reporting function, ensure that burn rates and variances are analysed and projects are implemented as planned.
c. In collaboration with country teams, ensure that donor contractual requirements are complied with and project audits are completed on time.
3. To support the programme transition from CBM International to CBM Global federation with focus on contractual compliance and the improvement and development of administrative and financial systems.
a. Ensure strong focus on the transition at the project level, ensuring efficient migration of projects over to the CBMG federation.
b. Contribute to enhancing and improving programme finance systems and ensure that these are running smoothly and consistently.
c. Assist the Programme Development Department to adopt and/or embed the new GO systems within the CBMUK environment.
d. Contribute to a strategic close out plan of projects and execute these accordingly.
4. To contribute to financial planning and budgeting processes, deployment of funds to projects and preparation of new budgets and project applications.
a. Assist in the consolidation of the programme portfolio into overall programme budget for CBM UK, analysis of income, expenditure and cash flows.
b. Oversee an effective cash flow system ensuring timely financing of projects, managed within the CBMUK overall financial position, policies and procedures and the wider federation.
c. Consolidate annual financial reports of CBM projects including accruals, deferrals and fund transfers.
d. Support Programme focal points to have accurate multi-year budgets on their respective portfolio.
e. Where necessary, assist in drafting budgets for funding applications.
5. To contribute to organisational wide strengthening of due diligence processes across CBMUK supported projects.
a. Proactively identify weaknesses in country teams and/or partner specific grants management systems and procedures and implement strengthening measures accordingly, particularly with relevance to the organizational transition.
b. Assist in training non-financial staff in financial management and donor compliance.
c. Support project partners develop their own financial and grant management systems and procedures.