Set up by the Department of Health in a unique partnership with technology experts Sopra Steria, NHS Shared Business Services (NHS SBS) provide essential corporate back office services to other NHS organisations.
NHS SBS is the market leader in corporate services with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products. With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.
We work closely with NHS organisations all over the country to replace outdated, time-consuming and error-prone paper processes, with affordable digital systems and more efficient ways of working, and in addition to our core services, we are designing and developing innovative digital technologies and piloting brand new ways of working, which further improve efficiency and quality, and better support the NHS workforce to deliver world-class patient care.
We are passionate about using our expertise to save the NHS time and money and are more relevant today than ever before. The Day Job:
Are you looking for a opportunity to drive change? A new opportunity within an ever evolving organisation?
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our A2R team, to ensure a consistent and monitored approach toward service performance, employee performance/satisfaction, internal governance and financial efficiency. Working in partnership with the F&A Service Delivery Management Team, you will be responsible for refining and enhancing the services in line with the business strategy and objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring excellent service, covering the end to end A2R customer journey and to drive consistency across the operational teams
- Support the delivery of the customer engagement strategy.
- Ensure consistency regarding HR policies and procedures, staff performance, behaviour and the effective recruitment, training, development and performance management of the team.
- Deliver a training plan in line with our strategic goals in place across the A2R teams, including the creation of staff SMART objectives
- Supported by the Risk and Governance function, ensure effective internal governance is place across the operational teams.
Required Skills:You need to have:
- Ensuring effective control and implementation across: Internal Audit, External Audit, Business Continuity, Incident Management, Risk Management, Change
- Proven working experience within a similar role, with accounting and management experience
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and the ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations, resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere and a forward looking / holistic approach
- Ability of working in a performance management framework ensuring standards are delivered
- A solid understanding of change management principles, methodologies and tools
Full Time, PermanentLocation:
Leeds or BristolLevel:
up to £40,000 per annum Benefits:
£5,400 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund