Talasey are one of the UK's leading independent suppliers of landscaping solutions. They have seen continued and strong growth over recent years and have ambitious plans for further expansion in 2021 and beyond. To support such growth the business has recently made a number of key appointments and has plans for further changes and investment in talent throughout 2021.
The purpose of the role is to support the finance team with the efficient running of the department and the timely and accurate preparation of key financial information.
Reporting to the Management Accountant duties will include:
- Daily bank reconciliation.
- Analysis and review of monthly expense requests.
- Ensuring rebate calculations are accurate and communicated externally in a timely manner.
- Assist/cover the preparation of sales invoices for submission to customers.
- Assist/cover purchase invoice processing and supplier statement reconciliations.
- Assist/cover imports assistant with goods in.
- Weekly stock reconciliations for depots
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts for Talasey including journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of management accounts for the USA entity and overseeing the day to day activities
- Analysis of the P&L and investigation into any variances
- Analysis of the P&L to assist driving down costs in an efficient manner
- Setting up payments.
- Process manufacturing inputs on a timely basis.
- Manage consignment stocks.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may arise
- The successful candidate will be studying toward ACCA/CIMA.
- Previous experience is essential and candidates will experience of stock are preferred.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, demanding ever changing environment is required.
- You must be computer literate with strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLookups, Sumifs).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
In return the company offers a competitive salary + study support plus additional employee benefits.