Walker Crips Pension Management (Ebor Trustees Ltd) has an exciting opportunity for a Self-Administered Pension Scheme Client Manager (SSAS) to join the team based in York. Working on a full-time, permanent basis, you'll need 2 years' experience in pensions. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £24,000 - £26,000 per annum.
Walker Crips predecessors first bought and sold shares for clients on the London Stock Exchange in 1914. Through acquisitions, the company can now trace its roots as far back as the 18th century, making it one of the City of London's oldest independent companies.
Our SSAS Client Manager will provide a full administrative and support service to a smaller portfolio of clients and Ebor Pensions Directors and Consultants.
On a Day to day basis, as our SSAS Client Manager you'll have access to the Client Services & Technical Manager for technical mentoring and the Operations & Client Manager for system scheme management to perform the following tasks, plus any other ad hoc departmental requirements:
- Execution of documents and registrations for Scheme establishment/takeover
- Ongoing reconciliation and management of Accounts & Valuations
- Preparing fund splits
- Opening scheme bank accounts
- Tax reclaims & Relief at Source
- Authorising client Invoices
- HMRC reporting
- Dealing with bank borrowing
Further responsibilities as our SSAS Client Manager include:
- General Scheme Investments
- VAT Registration, Returns and De Registration
- Benefit Calculations
- Property Purchase/Sale/Lease
- Reconciliation and management of Property rent invoicing
- Authorising Pension Payments
- Scheme wind up
- Overseeing the Pensions Regulator and Information Commissioner Registration and Returns.
- Background research on scheme issues
- Keeping detailed electronic records and monitoring of to ensure smooth Scheme operating
- To support the dedicated Consultants for your schemes as administrator
Essential requirements of our ideal SSAS Client Manager:
- 2 years' experience in pensions
- Study of PMI or CII pension examinations would be useful but not essential
- Personable - able to engage well with clients verbally and through written correspondence
- Good attention to detail
- Able to use Microsoft suite and ability to learn specific pensions software
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise
- Willingness to embrace change and look for improvement
If you feel you are the right candidate for this SSAS Client Manager rolethen please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!