Job Details:£19K - £22.5K depending on experience - Full Time - Permanent - Monday to Friday - 25 Days Holiday Plus 8 Bank Holidays - Flexi Time - Death In Service Benefit - Company Pension Scheme - Health Insurance - Cycle To Work Scheme - Childcare Vouchers. Client Details:
Our client is a well-established, highly regarded and successful law firm based in Harrogate. Their working ethos is firmly centred on resolution and their staff are all collaboratively trained.Job Description:
Due to ongoing expansion, they now have an opening for a Legal Assistant to join their established Residential team.
This client has a great track record of offering training contracts - providing real potential to progress with the business.
Reporting into a Team Leader, key duties include:
The ideal Legal Assistant:
- Meeting clients in Reception and assisting where possible before referring to Lawyer.
- Taking telephone calls, assisting clients and other parties where possible and providing updates.
- On receipt of payment on account (sale), obtain official copies of register, plan and any file documents referred to on register.
- Sale-draft contracts.
- Sale-submit contract to buyer's solicitors with title details, protocol documents etc. Set reminder for seven days-have we heard from buyer's solicitors?
- Sale-send Protocol documents to client for retention and notify estate agents that contract have been submitted.
- Sale-obtain redemption figure.
- Sale-obtain estate agents' account and submit to client for approval.
- Chase replies to enquiries and general chasing of other parties on request of Lawyer.
- Purchase-on receipt of searches-check result and prepare a report to client to submit to Lawyer for checking.
- Purchase-raise enquiries on matters arising from searches and diarise for a response using the master title check page.
- Purchase-draft transfer and send request for completion information and undertakings.
- Prepare bills and completion statements.
- Complete exchange jobs.
- Complete completion jobs.
- Provide holiday cover for the Lawyer.
- Assist team leader in training of junior members of the team.
- Prepare files.
- Prepare files from exchange of contracts to completion including preparation of yellows/obtaining file searches, mortgage advance etc.
The ideal Legal Assistant will have current experience of working in a law firm, (not just work experience). Knowledge of conveyancing would be beneficial but not essential. APPLY NOW
not to miss this excellent opportunity.