Due to continued growth, our client, an established and successful technology business in Cardiff are looking to recruit a Service Desk Call Handler
to join their friendly contact centre team.
You will co-ordinate and manage all field service engineer visits to customer sites and to ensure that they provide the level of service required.
This role would suit someone who is well organised, has great communication skills and can handle a busy service desk environment. Candidates who have recently graduated in a technical / IT subject, or are interested in developing a career in IT would suit this position. Equally, candidates with a background in contact centre customer service would be well suited for this role.
The company and team offer a superb culture of support and development, so this role is ideal for candidates with a customer service focused background who want to develop a long-term career in a forward-thinking company. Hours:
37.5 (FT) - Monday to Friday shifts between 8:00am - 7:00pm. Weekend shifts 9:00am - 5:00pm on a rota basis.Salary:
17k (payments for the unsociable / weekend hours will take this up to £19,300)Location:
Due to location candidates will need to have access to own transport.The Role:
- Provide telephone and email service for the contact centre.
- Co-ordinate field service engineer visits to customer sites and escalate service requests to the appropriate team or organisation.
- Complete call incident reports, detailing field service engineers' involvement in sensitive calls for management and customers as required.
- Update and maintain the company database.
- Complete daily shift handovers to pass issues to colleagues and shift engineers.
- Take an active role in streamlining processes and improving customer service.
- Good attitude and communication style when dealing with customers
- Confidence to make decisions on own judgement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and in particular using the telephone
- Competent PC user including Microsoft package.
- GCSE Math and English
- Professional approach and customer focused
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritise work
- Flexible and willing to work outside of business hours
- Able to build rapport with customers
The company offer a fantastic and friendly working environment, a competitive salary as well strong benefits and lots of room to progress.