Simbec-Orion is a responsive and agile full-service CRO, with wide therapeutic experience and specialist expertise in clinical pharmacology, oncology and rare diseases. Perfectly structured, we provide full-service clinical development solutions for small and mid-size drug developers - headed up by a centralised leadership team.
With a focus on tailormade and scalable solutions, we'll adapt our delivery style, communications and operations to suit the demands of the project, helping clients achieve their clinical and commercial objectives. Because our goal is the same as theirs; to improve patients' lives. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a BioAnalytical Manager to join our Laboratories department.
The BioAnalytical Manager is a key part of the Laboratory Services management team, leading the Bioanalytical group to analyse drugs, their metabolites and other analytes in biological fluids and pharmaceutical preparation, to GCLP standards for clients. Accountable for the people management, lab processes, facilities, resource management, and compliance of the Bioanalytical group.
Interacts with the Laboratory Project Management Lead daily to ensure the business executes in line with expected metrics and timelines and acts as a point of contact for clients to win work and maintain working relationships. Minimum Requirements: Essential:
- Experience in performing analysis in a laboratory environment.
- Biochemistry Science degree or equivalent.
- Team leadership experience in a scientific laboratory.
- Experience of Implementation of new tests or analytical systems.
- Experience with Financial management e.g P&L, Large budget management
- Experience of working to GCLP (or equivalent)
Simbec-Orion is an equal opportunity employer. Simbec-Orion will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Higher degree in an analytical related subject
- Experience in streamlining and improving operational processes
- Management qualification and experience Experience in techniques in line with the group science strategy