Simbec-Orion is a responsive and agile full-service CRO, with wide therapeutic experience and specialist expertise in clinical pharmacology, oncology and rare diseases. Perfectly structured, we provide full-service clinical development solutions for small and mid-size drug developers - headed up by a centralised leadership team.
With a focus on tailormade and scalable solutions, we'll adapt our delivery style, communications and operations to suit the demands of the project, helping clients achieve their clinical and commercial objectives. Because our goal is the same as theirs; to improve patients' lives. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an Associate Accountant to join our Group Finance department.
You will support the Financial Reporting & Compliance Team in ensuring the Group's accounting transactions are accurately completed on a timely basis and will assist with tax compliance, external audits, and various country-specific requirements in each of the countries in which Simbec-Orion operates.
You will also support the Financial Reporting & Compliance Team in building and maintaining a rigorous financial control environment across the business and continuous process improvement. Minimum Requirements: Essential:
- AAT or equivalent
- Previous experience of producing Bank and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to continuously produce work of a high-quality standard
- Proficient in Excel with the ability to perform look ups and pivot tables for analysis
- Highly motivated and driven, continuously looking to improve the standards and strive for excellence
- Excellent communication both verbal and written; with the ability to adapt to different audiences.
Simbec-Orion is an equal opportunity employer. Simbec-Orion will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Experience of cash transactions and journal entries
- Working with multiple companies and currencies
- Experience of a change environment whereby processes, controls and systems are evolving