Deloitte Advisory Corporate Finance provides corporates, private equity houses, owner-managers and other clients with a full suite of M&A services advising on acquisitions, divestments, buy-outs and capital raisings, a significant number of which are cross-border or international in nature. We have been awarded #1 M&A advisor globally (by volume) in 2020.
This service line is divided into regional, product and sector teams. The product teams cover debt advisory, plc advisory, special situations (difficult/distressed M&A) and valuations. The sector teams comprise Business Services, Consumer, Financial Services, Healthcare, Industrials, Real Estate and TMT.
Our UK team also works alongside the Global Healthcare and Life Sciences Corporate Finance team, which draws on experts from our global member firms to provide our clients with the highest quality professional advice and relevant M&A experience. Our Global team includes over 12,200 practitioners dedicated to the HCLS industry in 99 countries, and serves 93% of the Fortune Global 500® HCLS companies. The global HCLS practice advised on over 60 transactions during 2020.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The Healthcare & Life Sciences (HCLS) M&A Lead Advisory team in London has enjoyed considerable success and remains one of the most active sector teams. We have grown to 10 individuals and we plan to continue growing to support our significant pipeline of dealflow.
The expertise of our team extends across the full range of sub-sectors including: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Technology. We work with innovative companies that are making a real impact on the lives of patients and across society.
We are well respected in the industry and were recently awarded "Corporate Financier of the Year" in 2019 by LaingBuisson (3 out of the last 4 years) and in 2020 by HealthInvestor (6 out of the last 8 years). Our team is part of the Global HCLS practice, which has been ranked the #1 Global HCLS M&A advisor (by volume) in 2019 and 2020, and we are the reference sector hub providing expertise into deals across UK and other European offices.
We are currently looking for a Manager to join our growing and successful team. You will be responsible for:
• Working across the Healthcare and Life Science sectors on a range of buy-side and sell-side transactions.
• Assisting with the day to day management of transactions which includes preparation of information memoranda, management presentations, valuation analysis and taking responsibility for the preparation of information and client communications.
• Industry research for both deal origination and transaction analysis.
• Valuation and financial modelling, including Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Leverage Buyout (LBO) analysis.
• Contribution to marketing and business development opportunities.
• Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, driven and eager to learn. You need to have good communication skills as we deal with CEOs, MDs, and investment decision makers on a day-to-day basis. The work is challenging but rewarding with transactions generating new scenarios where innovative solutions are required. We can be required to work longer hours to deliver to tight timetables, so being prepared to be flexible and roll your sleeves up is important.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte London office, however the role may also involve travel and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal. We specify full mobility for our financial advisory roles but we make arrangements respectfully. Working from home days are available and flexible depending on clients, deadlines, and projects.
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
• Previous experience in the Medical Technology, Medical Device or Life Science sector is essential.
• Strong academics, including ACA/CFA or equivalent (desirable but not essential depending on other experience).
• Previous exposure to M&A / transactions is not essential but would be desirable, although you should be able demonstrate an awareness of and interest in transactions.
• Excellent numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb and interpret large amounts of data quickly.
• Client and team focus, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
Requisition code: 181199