You will be a key player in our business strategy and execution. You will participate in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations. You will play a leadership role in implementing the execution function including working with analysts and associates, as well as assisting more senior bankers. You will have strong function skills in the major areas of investment banking and will demonstrate the ability to become a senior officer who can generate and execute their own transactions. Most importantly, the candidate will be highly enthusiastic about J.P. Morgan's mission and be driven and committed to its success. You will join the global Analyst/ Associate class in an Industry, Country Coverage or Product Team. Working with a broader team of over 100 Analysts and Associates in the region, you will be provided opportunities to be involved real-time in transactions that may include frequent travel. Position Summary
This position is within J.P. Morgan's leading Investment Banking European M&A team. This is a new and exciting opportunity to build a new business in partnership with the local Investment Banking and Commercial Banking teams across Europe and globally. Key responsibilities
As an Analyst supporting the M&A /corporate finance advisory activities, your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Building complex financial models and completing valuation, merger and other analytical exercises
- Drafting presentation materials, management & Board materials, Memorandums, and other materials for use in M&A transactions or strategic client dialogue
- Keeping abreast of key market developments and establishing knowledge of the latest developments in the structuring and execution of M&A transactions
- Closely collaborating with various industry, country and other product colleagues during origination and execution stages
- Transaction execution specific responsibilities:
- Generally helping with organising and project managing M&A process
- Supporting due diligence, deal documentation and announcement preparation
- Regularly liaising with relevant counterparts at the client / other advisers, and in some cases - respective regional regulators.
- Developing expertise in six specialised M&A areas
The work is fast paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. We look for candidates with the following:
- Prior work experience in an investment banking front office role.
- A well-rounded academic background from a top tier educational institution.
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Understands transaction cycle and the steps in the process and is execution oriented.
- Impeccable communication details with the ability to effectively interact with senior professionals, clients and key stakeholders in other line of business.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
- Strong interest in and focus on M&A structuring
- Team player
- Strong to desire to learn, develop and grow within M&A / corporate finance field
- Proficiency in MS office applications
- Solid understanding of broader IB products is preferable (i.e. cap market M&A financing, staple financing. Can be enhanced and further built via on-the-job training)
- Experience in dealing with clients and other transactional advisers is preferable (can be enhanced and further built via on-the-job training)