We are seeking an Account Manager
to join our fast-growing B2B Sales team. Your role will cover the B2B
sector, working with SMB and Midmarket customers in target markets including Professional Services, Technology, Media and Entertainment
What does an awesome account manager look like?
Academia Account managers have more than a few strings to their bow. Aside from being flawless multi-taskers, they are Modern Workplace experts. It's about more than spreadsheets, phone calls and meetings. They read between the lines, listen with intent and come up with innovative solutions to solve customer challenges.Relationship royalty = lifetime loyalty
The best AMs don't just manage accounts and projects, they build a relationship that puts the customer at the core of everything they do. At Academia, we believe in creating value for our customers, to earn their lifetime loyalty. Handling expectations is where our AMs shine, they see issues coming before they arrive and keep the customer in the loop - reacting in a timely manner to customer queries and issues to build rapport and develop relationships. From picking up the phone instead of emailing to networking with authenticity, the Academia allstars tighten the bond between the business and customer.
Academia Account managers are equipped to manage the buzz and fast pace that modern business is all about. Being responsible for more than just the profitability of an account. A great AM knows how to get the best from the wider Academia team. Awesome account managers use the full range of tools and support available, recognizing that collaboration and teamwork can transform customer relationships, and grow business Responsibilities:
As an Account Manager you will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with existing customers, winning new business and taking on the ongoing management of the account. Developing, managing and growing a profitable pipeline of opportunities.
Reporting to the B2B Sales Team Leader, Potential candidate will be expected to achieve agreed sales targets and performance measures.
The responsibilities for an Account Manager Role include:
- Day to day management of defined account list, responding to customer queries in a timely manner
- Initiate prospecting and lead generation activities to cross sell/upsell academia portfolio
- Meet and exceed key performance indicators
- Ability to present to customers when necessary
- Detail-oriented and organised.
- Highly motivated and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Have an ability to work independently, autonomously and take initiative.
- Have the ability to multi-task, pro-actively managing various issues.
- Possess superb time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to demonstrate drive and ambition.
- A Good general knowledge of IT within the B2B sector.
Academia Group is a fast growing, highly accredited, award-winning group of technology companies with a strong footprint in the educational space. We specialise in supplying software, hardware, and associated services to both public and private sectors.
Established in 2003, we employ 100 dedicated professionals across multiple locations throughout the UK with a group annual turnover of over £75m. We partner with the world's leading technology manufacturers and have the accreditations, certifications and awards to demonstrate our expertise and ability.