Don't just have a great idea, build it!
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team. This is a great opportunity to join Global Network Services Technology (GNST) where we are partnering with the Network Services Operations (NSO) team to help deliver an exciting Global Payment Network that has been designed and built from scratch to run in our private cloud, using nothing but the latest and best tech stack available in the industry.
In this position you will be responsible for driving processes and execution oversight for Engineering Teams. You will enable engineering scrum team productivity and agility by demonstrating Agile/Scrum concepts and principles. You will join and facilitate scrum teams within the Payment Network Partner Enablement portfolio based in the UK.Responsibilities Include
- Drives team/release level processes demonstrating servant leadership coupled with domain knowledge and technical savvy
- Facilitates Sprint planning meetings and other Scrum ceremonies with delivery team
- Support product owners by ensuring backlog refinement and readiness
- Ensures dependency alignment across teams
- Execute the Program Increment (PI) objectives to support the strategy, vision and road map
- Ensure value is achieved by the team on behalf of end users
- Works with the product owner to develop a prioritize team backlog
- Collaborates with other Technical Project Managers (TPM) to coordinate cross-team dependencies and other teams within the organization
- Create data-driven insights into the delivery and execution of the team using relevant team level metrics
- Raises impediments, handles risks, dependencies, and resourcing needs
- Live the Agile and SAFe Values and Principles
- Support and encourage innovation through continuous exploration
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks, and opportunities across Agile teams
- Track and measure user story execution
- Manages external relationships, e.g. product or vendor partners
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.Minimum Qualifications
- A Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Systems degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages a plus
- First level Scrum Master certification CSM or PSM1, Scaled agile SAFe Agilist or SAFe Scrum Master and/or any other relevant agile qualifications and training
- Thought leadership, combining technical skills with business strategy
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, with consistent track record influencing and driving delivery across multiple partners. Comfortable handling constructive debate, and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Strong focus on customers and clients with a history of exceeding customers' expectations
- Experience in the card payment network domain is a HUGE plus!
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2021, 9:03:56 AM