Production Planning Engineer (x2 vacancies)Full time (39 hour week), Permanent Days position with 12pm finish on FridayBased in Derby
Our client is a precision manufacturing company based in Derby offering a wide range of engineering skills to aerospace quality standards including the ability to handle exotic materials such as nickel alloys and titanium. They are on the lookout for two Production Planners who takes pride in their work and are passionate about working within and supporting the engineering/aviation sector. Candidate background
- Minimum 3 years' fully skilled experience working in a Manufacturing / Fabrications Engineering environment.
- Experience of APQP, PFMEA's with proven track record of NPI is essential.
- The ability to implement Lean techniques is essential.
- You must be educated to HNC level in an Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience of precision engineering or CNC Machining is a must.
- You must be capable of assessing enquiries against capability and specify technical documents - Writing up route cards and tooling definition.
- You will have ideally worked directly with key customers directly and MRP or ERP systems.
- You must be capable of providing and supporting performance reporting and attending onsite and off-site meetings.
- An understanding of where process requirements are carried out to customer specifications is essential.
- You must have strong project management skills with the ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Successfully manage New Product Introduction (NPI) projects to deliver components on time and within budget. This will include holding regular project meetings, maintaining minutes and taking actions as required.
- Produce accurate Stage drawings for manufacturing operations.
- Produce detailed documentation, set up packs, SOP's etc.
- Preparation of quotes to strict timelines assessing the company's technical capability and capacity prior to customer submission.
- Preparation of manufacturing routings including tooling and as required 'first off' development parts.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure all aspects of projects are completed on time.
- Liaise directly with customer and/or supplier technical departments to resolve process related issues.
- To perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility.