Lead Software Engineer / Team Leader
DCX Tribe (Very.co.uk & Very apps)
Here at The Very Group, we're on an exciting journey to transform our technology estate and create even better experiences for our customers. We're doing that by modernising our existing systems and platforms, utilising a wider variety of modern, cloud-based technologies. We encourage diversity, both in terms of people, technical skills and knowledge.
Working as part of an agile multi-disciplinary squad you will be the hands-on development lead working with a team of 6 frontend and backend engineers. You will be the tech owner of the squad, balancing new features, iterative improvements & tech debt and working closely with the squad's product owner and delivery lead.About Our Digital Customer Experience (DCX) Tribe
The Digital Customer Experience (DCX) tribe is striving to create a world-class customer experience across our Mobile and Web platforms. We are in control of building this exciting future and are looking for like-minded individuals to help make this a reality. We need people with strong backgrounds in digital retail to help us on this journey as we strive to define, design, build and run frictionless experiences that sets The Very Group apart from other online retailers.Tech Stack
Java, Spring Boot, microservices & serverless, React & Node.js, Go, AWS and more.Responsible for
Designing & developing solutions that fit within the squad's problem domain using our tech stack of Java (Spring Boot), microservices & serverless, React & Node.js, Go, AWS. Responsible for the product lifecycle from inception, design, development, delivery & production support and as you know, we get there by testing, learning, collaborating and introducing new technologies that can give us advantage.
Coaching & leading the engineers, promoting good coding practices such as unit testing, TDD, pair programming and clean commits & pull requests.
Responsible for the personal development and performance of each developer in the squad, developing both technical skills and behaviours.Requirements
More About Us
- Significant experience of building and leading high performing software engineering teams operating in a lean & agile environment.
- Demonstrable experience of providing clear direction, coaching, mentoring and development support.
- Experienced in managing any individual performance issues.
- Experience of building, integrating, maintaining and managing complex software architectures (both build and bought), ideally across multi-cloud environments.
- Experience of building software applications that have security, reliability, scalability, high availability and concurrency built-in from the outset.
- A strong collaborator and communicator.
- Computer Science degree or relevant experience.
- Background and relevant current experience in a hands-on software engineering role are essential.
How To Apply
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Regular salary reviews and career progression
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5 days
- Additional flexible benefits allowance (can take a part as salary uplift)
- Generous scalable bonus (based on individual performance vs company)
- Matched pension up 6%
- 1x Life Assurance
- Private Medical
- Flexible working (2-3 days remote / 2-3 days on-site)
- Self-development time
- Brand discount - up to 25%
- Free on-site gym
- Discounted coffee houses and food outlets
- Free on-site parking subject to postcode and availability
If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams or Jordan Barlow in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
If you are an internal candidate looking to refer someone in, please follow the referrals process and guidelines
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.