Entegro are seeking an individual who will enhance our design team. Due to expansion and growth, we have exciting opportunities for FttH Design Engineer to work with our team in Northern Ireland!Job Description:
In this role, you will be working as part of the Planning Team and will have you will have key involvement in the planning and modelling of new Telecoms networks. This will involve planning & modelling Civil / Cable Routes, producing maps and drawings, and provide GIS and mapping support to field staff and provide project updates to the Client.The Role:
You will be planning & designing the FTTx metro networks from fundamental design stage right through to Low Level Design, which involves;
- Feeder Network Design
- Distribution Network Design
- Completion of BOM's and BOQ's
- Completion of design risk assessments
- Produce documentation on cabinet sites for presenting to the Local Authority.
- Produce SED & project risk report.
- Ensure designs meet the client's architectural and technical requirements and standards.
Please Note: Only candidates permitted to work in the EU will be considered for this role.
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical Services / Building Services / Civil Engineering.
- Over 2 years' experience in FTTx planning.
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and GIS software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Customer focused with a proven track record in your current role.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail, conscientious and have an ability to work on your own initiative is also essential.
- Decision making experience.
- Experience of designing fibre networks alongside power cables desirable.
- Experience working on BT Openreach Network advantageous.