Vax is the number one, bestselling floor care brand in the UK. With a rich heritage and growing global position, it is a market leader in floor care innovation.
Vax has forged its reputation as a brand that focuses on the needs of its customers, with premium products that include the lightest and the most powerful multi-cyclonic vacuum cleaners in the world.
All Vax R&D Engineers create innovative, patentable, cost-effective engineering that satisfies genuine user needs, gives Vax a competitive advantage by allowing us to make bold meaningful claims, and is proven in time for subsequent engineering projects to capitalise on our window of opportunity in the market.
R&D Engineers own and deliver complete individual R&D projects, on time and in full against agreed objectives. They proactively drive the projects forward to hit milestone dates and deliverables, which in turn enable resultant product development schedules and specifications to meet Vax's commercial requirements.
What we need from you:
- Use own initiative to plan, execute & evaluate day-to-day R&D activities, confirming approach with supervisors
- Confidently use a range of science & engineering methods to create, develop & validate new concepts
- Understand & apply project management processes; produce documentation to demonstrate technology readiness
- Communicate project progress to senior R&D & NPD management
- Manage budgets for individual projects, ensuring spending is appropriate & best value is obtained
- Carry out NPD-wide improvement projects
- At least 2 years' experience in a technical R&D role
- Some experience of R&D in a commercial environment
- Understand and apply a broad range of engineering/physics principles; for example, fluid dynamics/CFD, acoustics, thermodynamics, electronics and electro-mechanics.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the function and principles of the typical sub-systems present in domestic appliances.
- Proactively drive individual R&D projects to completion by focussing on deliverables and deadlines, planning appropriately.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Use a range of practical design skills, including CAD and rapid prototyping methods
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (option to further buy and/or sell holiday)
- 5% Employer Pension
- Company bonus scheme
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental plan
- Critical Illness
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Plus, lots of other flexible great benefits!