Mechanical Design Engineer | Solidworks | £35,000 - £45,000
Mechanical Design Engineer required for a Northwest based company that produce market leading low volume electronic products. You will be working within a creative team respected for being the best in their field on a range of cutting-edge products.
Your role will be to produce commercially viable designs for electro-mechanical products and support products through their full life cycle.Responsibilities:
- Develop design concepts using 2D drawings, 3D models and prototypes.
- Produce engineering drawings, specifications, BOM structures, part lists and costings.
- Managing multiple design tasks at once.
- Test designs by physical or CAD modelling.
- Work closely with product managers, R&D Electronic hardware team, manufacturing departments and suppliers.
- Constantly strive to develop products and ideas and make them fit for manufacture.
- Comprehensive understanding of materials and production processes for economic low volume manufacture.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 years mechanical design experience.
- Experience in designing electro-mechanical products / electronic equipment.
- Experience with Solidworks.
- Experience to model fully constrained CAD geometry.
- 3D CAD Design & 2D drawing sets.
- Experience of building and evaluating prototypes.
- Good understanding EMC design and thermal management.
- A passion and desire to develop robust manufacturable products.
- £35,000 - £45,000 a year
- This position is onsite
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply!
This Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy is being handled by Langham Recruitment Ltd. Langham Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency and is registered in England and Wales (reg 11525223).