Vax is the number one, bestselling floor care brand in the UK. With a rich heritage and growing global position, it is a market leader in floor care innovation.
Vax has forged its reputation as a brand that focuses on the needs of its customers, with premium products that include the lightest and the most powerful multi-cyclonic vacuum cleaners in the world.
Vax R&D Engineers (CFD) work in close collaboration with R&D, Design and Test teams, to ensure that individual technology elements are designed and integrated to optimise the performance of overall products/systems.
Vax R&D Engineers (CFD) work on individual projects under appropriate supervision, assisting in ensuring that overall system performance specifications are balanced and viable; that specifications, test requirements and interfaces for individual technology elements are appropriate; and that theoretical models are in place to predict performance and inform design.
What we need from you:
- A good undergraduate or masters level degree in a systems, mechanical or aero engineering discipline.
- Ideally a postgraduate degree directly related to systems engineering or fluid dynamics.
- Ideally be working towards Chartered status in their appropriate field.
- At least 2 years' experience in a systems engineering or CFD role.
- At least 1 years' experience of working in engineering in a commercial environment.
- A good level of experience of general engineering design, CFD, CAD and practical experimentation.
- Command a high level of expertise in CFD and systems engineering, providing capability, guidance and decision-making within individual projects, and using such expertise to optimise product performance.
- Confidently use technical software, including CFD, CAD, FEA, statistical and mathematical analysis, and more specialist software where appropriate.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the function and principles of the typical sub-systems present in domestic appliances, both structural/mechanical and electrical/electronic.
- Proactively drive individual R&D projects to completion by focussing on deliverables and deadlines, planning appropriately.
- Take a logical, organised and analytical approach to planning and conducting experiments; use laboratory best practice to acquire reliable, reproducible test data; interrogate raw data and present findings clearly; document and record conclusions appropriately.
- Display an appreciation of wider consumer and commercial requirements.
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (option to further buy and/or sell holiday)
- 5% Employer Pension
- Company bonus scheme
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental plan
- Critical Illness
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Plus, lots of other flexible great benefits!