II-VI Incorporated, a global leader in engineered materials and optoelectronic components, is a vertically integrated manufacturing company that develops innovative products for diversified applications in the industrial, optical communications, military, life sciences, semiconductor equipment, and consumer markets.
We offer lots of great benefits including healthcare, pension and life assurance, we are a Global company with lots of opportunity for progression and professional development.PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To provide Reliability Engineering support for process and product developments, qualifications, investigations and improvement activities. SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, define and develop Reliability methods and systems.
- Execute qualification plans to assure process and product are fit for purpose.
- Assess and investigate product and process improvements.
- Liaise with a number of groups including members of the reliability and failure analysis group, design/technology engineering, process engineering, product engineering and customers.
Responsible for contributing to the development and execution of the Product Development and Quality goals and plans. MAIN TASKS:
- Utilise Problem Analysis techniques to identify, rank and mitigate risks in design, manufacturing, and qualification
- Develop Product Qualification Strategies for each product considering :- applicability of existing reliability data and confidence levels
- Work with the reliability and failure analysis labs to understand product and technology weaknesses and how they can be improved
- Analysis of product yield data and specification compliance
- Drive improvements in product quality to align with customer and business targets
- Drive 'Maverick' lot process
- Periodic reliability assessments
- Documenting and reporting the results of any reliability testing for both internal and external customers.
- Estimate failure rates and expected life times.
- Establish lifetime and acceleration methodologies to support the qualification of processes and products.
- Provide technical support to the department in cases of test methodology, data analysis and failure mechanisms.
- Design of life test boards to ensure appropriate testing of the device.
- Monitor working practices and equipment performance identifying areas for improvement.
- Ensure that relevant documentation exists and is regularly reviewed including equipment operation, machine checks, data analysis methods, work instructions for tests etc.
- Respond positively to customer claims, assisting in determining failure modes, corrective and preventative action to eliminate the problem.
- Seek to improve on past customer performance by encouraging feedback and responding to and acting upon customer information.
- proven technical experience in a mass production environment.
- Good understanding of Reliability analysis and methodologies ( e.g. Weibull, Log-normal, Arrhenius etc.)
- Strong experimental methodology skills
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Good PC skills including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Positive attitude, creating a good impression on others
- Ability to actively participate in a variety of teams, support the team objective.
- Pro-active, constantly seeking to improve.
- Persistent in the pursuit of excellence
- Applied Science , Electronic Engineering or similar degree .
- Minimum 2:2.