Job Reference: J0014052Job Title: Technician - Engine ServicesLocation: Gosport, Hampshire Salary: CompetitiveAbout the Company:
Aeropeople are excited to be working with one of the world's largest independent Aerospace Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) providers.
Our client offer extensive MRO services for the business, commercial and military markets across the globe.
My client seeks a Technician for Engine Services to join their growing team based in Hampshire.Job Description:
This position is considered to be a core business activity within the company and contains a number of different tasks. Most activities in the Engine Shop and Test Cell fall under the broad category of Gas Turbine Engine Repair and Overhaul Technician. A fully trained Engine Fitter is able to complete to a certain degree, tasks related to the Disassembly, Assembly, Inspection, Balancing, Airflow and Test of a Gas Turbine Engines in accordance with the manufacturer specification and company procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Conduct all work in accordance with company policies, health and safety procedures, quality procedures, manufactures and customer specification and industry regulations.
- Raise Non-conformance reports as necessary.
- Comprehension level of knowledge on product of AD's, SB's, CEB's and SIL's (Training Provided)
- Perform detailed visual and dimensional inspection of individual parts as per inspection level specified in overhaul or maintenance manual, Detailed Work Instruction (DWI) or Engineering Repair Instruction (ERI).
- Complete all documents related to the work being performed.
- Disassemble engines as per the manufacturer's instructions
- Visually examine and Detail Inspect engine parts.
- Perform Borescope Inspections on engines.
- Balance rotating components.
- Assemble main engine, modules and all sub-assemblies.
- Flow test of individual components and assemblies.
- Prepare engine for dispatch.
- Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals
Skills and Qualifications:
- Flexible start and finish times with the ability to work 5 hours on a Friday
- 206 hours annual leave (equivalent of 27.5 days) plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance at 4 x annual salary
- Enhanced Auto Enrolment Pension Contribution (currently 4% employer and 4% employee)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Strong verbal communication and written skills to work with internal and external stakeholders;
- Keen eye for detail;
- Able to use computers/computer systems;
- Self-motivated, and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Good team work and problem solving skills
- Proactive self-learner;
- Team Player
- Additional training/experience in a technical field.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Ability to use and care for precision measuring and torque devices.
- Familiarity with quality procedures and documentation including process paperwork, parts routing procedures, Engineering Repair Instructions, Detailed Work Instructions and Non-Conformance Report system.
- Working knowledge of Engine publications and work instructions including overhaul and maintenance manuals, parts catalogues and service bulletins.
- Have an engineering background and possess relevant certification
- Have worked within the industry would be desirable
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team...
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search 'Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com