Now more than ever, people want every experience to be instant and on-demand. And when it comes to getting paid, people want their cash yesterday. But every year organisations waste time, money and energy sending more than $10.7 trillion in payouts to individuals using cash, checks, credit, debit, prepaid and gift cards! Held back by the legacy banking systems, crushed by the costs and complexity of credit cards there is this monster industry still lingering in the digital dark ages.
At WeGift we're changing all that. We've built our own proprietary payment rails that enables any organisation to send money to any individual, anywhere, instantly. No bank account required. No insane interchange fees. We even get up to 20% in commissions from retailers for driving sales which we pass onto our customers. It's discounted money! We're throwing away the old model, and transforming how we move and use money forever.
We want amazing people like you to join us and be part of that journey.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can read more about our team here Diversity & InclusionRole Description
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for writing and leading others to deliver clean, scalable and reusable code that will have a big impact on our customers. As well as providing technical direction you will manage team performance, mentor the team, review code and support the hiring and training of new team members.Team Description
Our technology team is a small group of 15 passionate engineers, designer, and product managers who are right at the heart of core business processes.What Excites You
What Excites Us
- The opportunity to scale Payments into a high performing team.
- Delivering clean, scalable, reusable and maintainable code.
- Managing and mentoring team members.
- Being part of a a small, fully independent cross-functional team.
- Developing best practice within the team and across the engineering team at large.
- Analysing, vetting and testing new technology choices.
- Owning the design, implementation and delivery of products which positively impact the business and its customers.
- Working across the stack.
- Experience mentoring and line managing.
- 5+ years of strong software engineering experience.
- Experience with frontend technologies like Vue & React.
- Experience with *NIX systems.
- Experience of working with a relational database and preferably knowledge of an ORM.
- Bonus if you have payment or financial service experience.
- Private Medical Health Insurance with Bupa.
- A minimum of 25 days holiday + bank holidays (we're not too descriptive about holidays so if you need more time off then just ask).
- Participation in the Employee Options pool giving you ownership in WeGift and participation in the upside.
- Pension scheme (3% contribution)
- Hybrid of office and remote work with a brand new WeWork office based in King's Cross, London. Right now, we are fully remote due to Covid.
- Generous maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your new bundle of joy.
- £1,000 annual L&D allowance to invest in mastering your craft, including accredited studies.
- Cycle to work scheme - save some £££ on buying a bike.
- Regular virtual team socials.
- WeRecognise, where we shine the spotlight on exceptional employees every quarter who in turn get a £200 award in the eGift card of their choice.
- Workplace Nursery benefit, where WeGift makes a contribution to your child's nursery for equipment, training, redecoration or anything else
- Staff perks with WeGift brands - discounts of up to 12% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
Location London, United Kingdom
Open Date 30th March 2021
Close Date 30th April 2021
Job Type Permanent, Full Time