If you are currently an Assistant Company Secretary, or in a similar role, and interested in a role that will provide broad stakeholder exposure and the chance to really add value in close partnership with a Group Company Secretary, then this could be the opportunity for you.
This role can be based in either our Bexhill head office, or potentially in London, with an opportunity to work from home 2-3 days per week once normal office working conditions return. If London based, please expect occasional travel to Bexhill.
The Assistant Company Secretary will assist in the effective delivery of all the services required of the Group Secretariat whilst maintaining excellent ties to the business and contributing to the continuous improvement of the function.Responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate
- Arrangement and administration of Board and Committee meetings across the Group
- Collation of packs and papers, taking minutes, and managing follow-up of actions and matters arising
- Reviewing and maintaining of Terms of Reference for Boards and Committees
- Providing primary support for the corporate governance, statutory compliance and corporate administration functions of the department
- Assisting with maintenance and development of the Group Policy Framework and overseeing interactions between Boards and executive management
- Assisting with the management and administration of the Group's corporate insurance programme, Group share incentive schemes, and Whistleblowing platform
will be suitably qualified, have an established background in company secretarial work, and will demonstrate capability to produce excellent documentation. Experience of the Financial Services sector, specifically personal lines insurance, would be beneficial; however candidates with broader commercial experience in fluid and dynamic environments are also encouraged to apply. Experience of the following also expected:
What we offer:
- Good knowledge and experience of UK Companies Act, and other corporate legislation, corporate governance codes and best practice, and other regulatory codes and frameworks
- Experience of servicing Boards/Committees and senior management committees, including effective minute-taking and preparation of all relevant materials and documentation
- Knowledge of digital platform(s) for distribution of meeting materials and ancillary documents
- Excellent stakeholder management, relationship building, and influencing skills including credibility to appropriately challenge
- Proactive and positive, and ability to actively seek out how to add value and improve performance (personal and team)
- Ability to work in a team or independently and effectively collaborate throughout the business
- Educated to degree level (Law) and is ICSA qualified or part qualified (actively studying)
- Competitive salary which we will share upon shortlisting, for more information contact
- A supportive test and learn culture, development in role is as important to us as it is to you
- Car allowance of £5,000
- Flexibility to work from home 2 - 3 days a week when we return to the office
- Bonus earning potential of up to 10%
- Excellent pension offering - 10% matched
- Private medical for you
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits - buy or sell up to 5 days holiday, cycle to work scheme, opt in dental and healthcare cash plans and more!
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- An excellent wellbeing programme offering you access to multiple partners and our colleague assistance programme, plus so much more!
- Smart Rewards - access to various High Street discounts
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.