£60,000 - £70,000 Manchester
Our client, a highly regarded investment management organisation, is seeking an Assistant Company Secretary as part of an exciting growth period to join their company secretarial team. Reporting to the Deputy Company Secretary, the key purpose of this role is to accelerate the team forward by driving best practice and consistent innovation across the Group, assuring the organisation complies will all legislation, industrial standards and regulations as necessary. The preferred candidate will be ICSA qualified or studying towards it, with c5 years company secretarial experience ideally within a listed environment, in the financial sector. If you're looking for an opportunity to progress your career in a rewarding environment, look no further and apply today!Key Role and Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications
- Facilitate the team's management of statutory compliance & governance of all Group entities
- Support the Deputy Company Secretary in developing & implementing a functioning strategy in line with that of the Group
- Monitor external development on matters of corporate governance, regulation, legislation or similar that might affect the Group.
- Support the Board and Committees with the end-to-end process of meetings including minuting.
- Expedite Board training, onboarding & inductions.
- Support the organisation of the AGM including the preparation and delivery of relevant shareholder documentation.
- Ensure sound governance related to the Fund business within the Group.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- c5 years company secretarial experience within a listed companies, preferably within the financial sector
- Fully or part ICSA qualified ideally
- Demonstrable experience minuting meetings is essential
- Confidence in deputising for the Deputy Company Secretary where required
- Confident written and verbal communication skills
- Gravitas to engage across all levels of the business
- Highly detail orientated with accuracy and strong organisational skills.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you'd like to apply for this job, please click on "apply" and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call. Reference Number: 1689